Location: St. Louis
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34604
This position will be located at: UMSL - Center for Behavioral Health 12837 Flushing Meadows Dr., Suite 220 Town and Country, MO 63131
The University of Missouri - St. Louis, Center for Behavioral Health is seeking a full-time Chief Psychologist to join their team of highly skilled, dedicated clinicians! UMSL - Center for Behavioral Health is amongst the largest psychological assessment practices in Missouri and is considered to be the primary provider of psychological evaluation services in the St. Louis region. For over 40 years, we have provided comprehensive, high-quality assessments to some of the most underserved members of our community. The Center maintains strong referral relationships with more than 60 community partners including, state agencies, school districts, outpatient and inpatient mental health facilities, and primary care providers. As a training clinic at UMSL, CBH remains at the forefront of psychological evaluation practice, training graduate students, interns, and postdoctoral fellows in state-of-the art assessment techniques. Clinic-based and telehealth appointments provide flexibility for both our staff and clients. In addition, our staff regularly participate in our extensive ongoing professional development program, led by nationally renowned experts in field. Our staff psychologists also benefit from excellent compensation and an exceptional benefits package.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct psychological evaluations of children, adolescents and young adults in inpatient, outpatient and educational settings.In addition, opportunities exist to provide psychotherapy to children, adolescents, and adults.
- Up to ten percent of the Chief Psychologist’s time will be spent providing supervision, coordination, and consultation for fellow staff psychologists.
- The Chief Psychologist will also participate and contribute to CBH’s professional development program and other training opportunities on and off-site.
- In addition, the Chief Psychologist will provide clinical supervision to trainees, as appropriate, and provide psychoeducational presentations to the community and University employees as needed.
- Ph.D. or PsyD. in Clinical or Counseling Psychology and eligibility for licensure as a psychologist in the State of Missouri.
- Experience and formal coursework in the administration, scoring, and interpretation of intellectual, academic, and objective/projective personality testing of children and/or adults.
- Experience and formal coursework in psychotherapy with children, adolescents, adults, couples, or families.
- Substantial experience of working in a supervisory role.
- At least ten years’ experience in psychological testing and evaluation is preferred.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position is eligible for the University’s generous benefits package.
To apply click here.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachment. For questions about how applicants apply, please call (314) 516-5805, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please email [email protected].
The University of Missouri, St. Louis offers benefit-eligible employees a wide variety of benefits including; health, dental and vision coverage effective on the first day of employment, vacation & sick time accrual, four personal and five winter break leave days per year, tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, pension and employee & dependent life insurance. For more information about our benefit, please visit http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits. Could we add something here about the student loan forgiveness program?
UMSL is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
EEO is the Law English Version
EEO is the Law Spanish Version
EEO is the Law Chinese Version