Senior Associate Athletics Director, Revenue Generation & Strategic Initiatives
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Job Title Senior Associate Athletics Director, Revenue Generation & Strategic Initiatives
Job ID 3957
Location Lincoln Park Campus
Full/Part Time Full-Time
At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
In accordance with the mission of the Department of Athletics, this position serves as Senior Associate Athletics Director – Revenue Generation & Strategic Initiatives for the department of Intercollegiate Athletics within the guidelines of the NCAA, the BIG EAST Conference and DePaul University. This position is responsible for managing and growing DePaul Athletics’ portfolio of revenue producing activities, directly supervising selected sports, leading strategic department initiatives, and cultivating partnerships that align with the department’s revenue and growth goals. This position will directly supervise Ticket Sales and Operations and Athletic Communications and will serve as a liaison with the campus Office of Advancement/Alumni Relations, the BIG EAST Conference, and the NCAA.
Responsibilities & Duties
Serve as strategic and revenue-driving lead for the Department of Athletics.
- Develop and execute structures, systems, policies, and procedures to support DePaul Athletics’ revenue goals.
- Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with third-party vendors, lead revenue growth opportunities, and remain up to date on industry best practices.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement emerging technologies that support defined revenue goals.
- Develop and implement processes that provide real-time data to senior administration to support decision-making and sales/development efforts.
- Foster a positive, high-performing team culture focused on putting students first, promoting diversity, and creating a first-class fan experience while generating year-over-year growth in revenue.
Direct oversight of the Ticket Sales and Operations unit.
- Plan, organize, and implement ticket sales strategies and the business processes of the Ticket Office.
- Responsible for annual approval of ticket pricing structure, and offerings.
- Manage ticketing contracts (ticketing software, external staffing, third-party integrations, etc.), including negotiation, implementation, fulfillment, and renewal.
Direct oversight of the Athletics Communications unit.
- Plan, organize, and implement sports information, media relations, and website/app communication strategies, and business processes.
- Manage communications and website contracts, including negotiation, implementation, fulfillment, and renewal.
Sport Administrator for the Softball and Men's Tennis programs.
- Supervisory responsibilities include oversight of the recruitment and development of student-athletes, academic progress of student-athletes, monitoring team budgets, non-conference/conference scheduling, fundraising, and alumni relations.
Serve on the Senior Staff of the Athletic Department.
- Responsible for strategic planning for the department, represent the department at athletics events, fundraising, game management duties, and administrative functions as directed by the Director of Athletics.
- Assist the Director of Athletics with BIG EAST Conference relations and various NCAA initiatives.
Collaborating with DePaul Athletics’ External Affairs leadership.
- Strategically engage current corporate partners, prospective national and local partners, and media rights holders to increase market growth and aid in building brand affinity for DePaul Athletics.
- Knowledge of and adherence to all NCAA rules, policies, and procedures.
- Attend and participate in monthly NCAA rules compliance education meetings.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years’ experience (or combination of education and experience).
- Experience in the development and communication of clear revenue strategies and goals to senior executives.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing sales and fundraising data/metrics as it relates to the organizations’ revenue generation and overall budget.
- Master’s degree or other advanced degree.
- Experience at the NCAA Division I level with previous revenue (ticketing/sales, development, or strategic partnership) experience.
- Directly supervises Associate Athletic Director Ticket Sales and Operations, Associate Athletic Director Communications, Head Softball and Men's Tennis Coaches, and Graduate Assistant(s).
- Responsible for oversight of budgets for assigned sport(s), Ticket Operations and Sales unit, and Athletic Communications unit. Responsible for the sustainable growth of the department by reaching annual Athletics Department revenue goals.
- Possess general knowledge of financial and personnel policies and procedures as well as general management principles.
Other Skills & Abilities Reqd
- Working knowledge of NCAA and University rules and regulations as they apply to intercollegiate athletics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies, and methodologies in ticketing, communications, and development as they apply to intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to listen, think creatively and innovatively, budget management skills and proficiency, and analytical skills to identify, evaluate, and implement emerging technologies that assist in meeting revenue goals.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse urban and/or intercollegiate athletics environment.
- Dedication to serving the department, the University and the student-athletes with the highest level of leadership, initiative, and integrity.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
- Position requires working evening and weekend hours during school year.
- Occasional travel.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check: