Technology Specialist III
Technology Specialist IIIRequisition IDreq712DepartmentInformation TechnologyCampusCPARK-Capitol ParkEmployment TypeClassified-Full TimeJob Close DateApply Immediately; this job posting will be closed once sufficient qualified applications have been received.Position SummaryPortland Community College is looking for a technical team lead in its Network Infrastructure Services Department. The Tech III position will help guide and shape the present and future of Portland Community College's network through the configuration and deployment of routers, switches, and firewalls, and mentor others in best practices of the development and maintenance of those tools. Working alongside a strong team, the person in this role will work with internal and external stakeholders in a diverse environment to build and deliver a stable and secure network on which Portland Community College can deliver its educational services.See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/techsp3/ Candidate ProfileThese qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Technical expertise in the implementation and development of firewalls, deployment of policies, routing technologies and methodologies, and coordinating with outside teams on security
- Experience as, or ability to act as, a team lead including assigning tasks and helping to create definition around broad requests
- Can clearly document proposals, changes, and work accomplished to create a repeatable record of work done, act as a paper trail for record-keeping, and act as notes for the rest of the team, as well as complete and document ticket notes
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed in researching and taking on new technologies, learning them, and implementing them
- Demonstrated ability to mentor others in new technologies, work methodologies, and provides clarity in tasks
- Strong culturally responsive communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal – with diverse audiences at all levels
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- High school diploma or equivalentAssociate’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related discipline (Note: Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.)Four years of applied work experience in data, or video or voice telecommunications planning, implementing and supporting both wide area and local area network environments, or server management, video streaming, or audio visual media, as related to area of assignmentMust possess state-of-the art (current) knowledge of data, video streaming, or voice network telecommunications technology such as TCP/IP, Microsoft Windows, and be familiar with hardware and software diagnostics. The above-mentioned qualifications could be demonstrated by possessing applicable certifications.
- A valid Oregon Driver’s License for operation of a motor vehicle in the State of Oregon
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 8 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year
- 11 Paid holidays
View a complete list of PCC benefits.Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Must stay abreast of frequently occurring technology changes related to data and/or voice telecommunications administration. Often works early and late hours to meet time lines, provide off-hour upgrade and maintenance and respond to emergency situations. Work environment includes frequent disruptions and frequent changes in work priorities. Work is performed in an office environment or data and/or voice telecommunications equipment room. Working conditions may be disagreeable; work may be performed in cramped or awkward positions. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. May be required to work various shifts and/or weekends to provide uninterrupted data and/or voice telecommunications services. May operate an assigned college vehicle or may be required to provide own transportation for travel between campuses and off-site locations.
Position involves some medium to heavy lifting. Routine to extended periods of standing; walking and lifting of equipment (30-50 pounds). Position may also require physical agility to perform work in confined spaces, tunnels and work from ladders in elevated areas as well as the ability to pull wire through conduits, ceiling areas and wire duct. Learned physical skill for keyboarding and operating complex network and computing equipment.
Background Check RequiredYesPortland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA