Receptionist - Tutoring Center
Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to [email protected]
Please indicate the job code AR-RTC in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.Background Check
A background check is not required for this position.
Job Details Title:Receptionist - Tutoring CenterAnnounce date:10/09/2020Apply by date:Until filledApplication status:Accepting ApplicationsPosition type: Part-time Salary:$12.00 per hour Working Hours:
Working hours for this position consist of no more than 15 hours per week. Hours to be agreed upon by both supervisor and employee at the onset of employment and are subject to change with notice based on the needs of the Tutoring Center. Working hours may be in-person, virtual, or a combination of the two, based on the needs of the Tutoring Center.Summary:
Administrative support needed for a high volume tutoring program, assisting students of all academic levels with writing, math, science, information technology, business and accounting, and developmental studies.
Administrative professional serves in the role of a receptionist for the in-person and/or virtual tutoring center, including:
- Greeting students as they come into the center and checking them in
- Managing in-person, virtual, and paper review sessions on behalf of tutors
- Answering the phone, responding to voicemails, monitoring shared inboxes, and LiveChat, as needed
- Performing data entry, preparing reports, and other administrative tasks as needed
- Making phone calls, sending emails, or other contact requests as needed
- Answer questions from students, tutees, tutors, or staff on behalf of the tutoring center
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and/or Experience:
The candidate is expected to possess:
- Strong computer skills in Windows and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Experience with Zoom or other webconferencing platforms, or a willingness to learn
- A patient, caring, and friendly personality
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of tutoring center information and conduct oneself in an ethical, professional manner
- The ability to maintain an environment that is open, friendly, and respects all tutees as individuals seeking help
Candidate should be able to manage the responsibilities of the position in a timely manner, and be willing to complete additional duties as requested.
This is not a tutoring position; no previous teaching or tutoring experience is required.
Preferred: Bilingual: English/SpanishPhysical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.