Building Environmental Technician
Position InformationVacancy Open toAll CandidatesEmployment TypePermanent - Part-timeIf time-limited, note appointment end dateHours per week20Months per year12Position Number009810NC Salary Grade Equivalency50Classification TitleBuilding Environmental Technician - ContributingWorking TitleBuilding Environmental TechnicianSalary Range$15,600Anticipate Hiring Range$15,600FLSA StatusNon ExemptDivisionBusiness AffairsDepartmentFacilities Management (Adm)Work UnitBuilding Environmental ServicesWork Schedule
Saturday and Sunday 11:00 am – 3:00 pm
and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:00 am – 10:00 am, or Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:00 am – 10:00 am
This employee is designated as ‘mandatory’ and, when contacted to report to work, is expected to reach the campus as expeditiously as possible using normal precautions as dictated by the adverse weather conditions.Primary Purpose of Position
To maintain clean and sanitary conditions in the student health center, classrooms, labs, lecture halls, offices, common areas, restrooms and various other areas within Academic, Athletic, and Administrative buildings on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.Minimum Education/Experience
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work.Essential Job Duties
The Building Environmental Services (BES) Technician performs custodial services support for the University.
1. Clean and care for academic buildings, offices, studios, other State buildings and the grounds surrounding University and State facilities.
2. Maintain equipment and keep in good working order.
3. Perform medium to heavy physical work as required.
3. Compile and maintain checklists and report needs to BES Supervisor or appropriate lead BES Technician in the absence of Supervisor.
4. Assist the BES Supervisor and lead Technicians in testing and making policies and procedures recommendations on supply and equipment purchases.
5. Follow established Facilities Management, UNC Charlotte and State policies and procedures.
1. Use and care for all manual and power equipment and chemicals required in floor maintenance, housekeeping, recycling, event support and exterior litter removal functions.
2. Perform work that is guided by a daily schedule for general assignments.
3. Work is performed subject to close review and inspection with problems and special assignments not covered by instructions referred to a supervisor.
4. Duties are repetitive in nature and include physically-strenuous activities such as moving furniture, operating heavy cleaning equipment, wearing a back pack vacuum and delivering large quantities of housekeeping supplies.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned and/or delegated.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. One year experience in institutional housekeeping with floor care experience.
3. Ability to properly use and care for all manual and power equipment and chemicals required in Building Environmental Services and floor care functions.
4. Ability to perform medium to heavy physical work.
5. Ability to effectively communicate the English language (reading, writing, interpretation and comprehension) required.
6. Effective skills in verbal, written and interpersonal communications.
7. Computer literate.
8. Knowledge and skill with Google Chrome, Microsoft Word and Excel, and willingness to learn new programs.
9. Ability to effectively work/interact with persons from different backgrounds and cultures.
10. Ability to foster and create an atmosphere of teamwork with coworkers, visitors, building occupants and the entire campus community.
11. Selected candidate must have the mental and physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Valid driver’s licenseWork LocationFM - Building Environmental Services - Team 6Posting date10/08/2020Closing date10/22/2020Proposed Hire Date11/24/2020Contact InformationSpecial Notes to ApplicantsPosting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- UNC Charlotte Website
- HERC Job Board
- Inside Higher Education
- Circa (formerly known as Local JobNetwork)
- Another Website
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- Where did you learn about this posting?
(Open Ended Question)
- * This is a 20 hour per week part time position that works a varied schedule of Saturday and Sunday 11:00 am - 3:00 pm and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 6:00 am - 10:00 am, or Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:00 am - 10:00 am. depending on the department's requirements.Are you able to work this schedule and shift as required?
- Please describe your institutional housekeeping experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter / Letter of Interest
- Contact Information for References
- Other Document