Financial Analyst I
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-09
Job TitleFinancial Analyst IAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentStudent Business ServicesProposed Minimum Salary$3,750.00 monthlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision of the Director of Business Services this position will develop and thoroughly document computerized solutions for the Student Business Services department, including web-based design and development applications, database solutions, and shared projects with the Banner, TouchNet and FAMIS Systems. In addition, it will provide technical support for Banner processes through report generation. Responsible for day-to-day reconciliations of ACH refunds, return of Title IV funds, and 3rd party contracts. SBS liaison for campus credit/debit card and ACH payments. Ensures that timely and accurate verification of posting for all financial transactions related to TouchNet. SBS liaison for credit/debit card merchant accounts. Provides technical and functional support for all Student Business Services related systems, i.e. TouchNet e-commerce. Contribute to the completion of Annual Financial Reports and other state or System reports by preparation and audit of schedules. Provide technical support for maintenance of PCI compliance and assist with completion of associated SAQ Questionnaires. Oversees 3rd party contract accounts; gathers, interprets, creates, and bills various 3rd party agencies that are responsible for student account tuition and fee payments. Oversees housing or meal plan charges on student accounts; places contracted charges, coordinates payment with 3rd party. Shares responsibility for opening or closing office on rotating schedule.
- Generates periodic and ad hoc reports used for reconciliations, account aging, 3rd party contracts, annual financial reporting, collections, billing, and other needs as determined, using IBM Cognos, Banner or FAMIS within the available elements in required format. Ensures the accuracy and integrity of data populated in all generated reports.
- Ensures accuracy of Banner transactions feeding to FAMIS to include verification of feeds.
- Responsible for day-to-day reconciliation of ACH student refunds, return of Title IV funds, and 3rd party contracts. SBS Liaison for credit card merchant account activity to ensure timely resolution of any credit/debit card payment discrepancies or other related issues.
- Provides technical and functional support for Banner daily functions, and future upgrades to ensure that system and university policies, and state and federal regulations are upheld. Provides technical and functional support for any future implementations involving the Student Business Services. Acts as liaison for Student Business Services with IT during technical issues with computers and programs.
- Provides quality assurance to ensure system standards are adhered to, both in programming standards and standards within the application. Assists with the completion of Annual Financial Reports and other state or System reports by preparation and audit of schedules as needed. Shares responsibility for opening or closing office on rotating schedule.
- Oversees 3rd party contract accounts; gathers, interprets, creates, and bills various 3rd party agencies that are responsible for student account tuition and fee payments. Accesses military benefit portals as needed to support military benefits on student accounts. Liaison to VA Certification and Military support offices. Responsible for the reconciliation of all related payments. Oversees housing and meal plan charges on student accounts; places and removes contracted charges, coordinates payment to or from 3rd party agency. Responsible for reconciling 3rd party Banner accounts to FAMIS.
- Miscellaneous scholarships: Coordinates receipt of payment, records document in scholarship shared folder, routes to Financial Aid for posting. Assists with assessing scholarship withholding on student accounts as needed.
- Provides technical and functional support for various Student Business Services related systems, to include but not limited to Banner and all TouchNet e-commerce products. Ensures timely and accurate verification of posting for all financial transactions related to TouchNet.
- Monitors and participates in problem determination and resolution for computing systems software on a variety of computing system platforms. Researches and analyzes the business and technical problems faced by the office and then designs, recommends, and/or implements solutions. Maintains working knowledge of computer programming as needed for Student Business Services through the learning of new programming languages, techniques, and work processes.
- Maintains Student Business Services website and update website with approved changes. Assists with completion of SAQ Questionnaires and provides technical support for maintenance of PCI compliance.
- Performs other related job duties or responsibilities as requested or required. Such duties may include periodic verification of cash drawers, preparing daily bank deposit, and helping students.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of related experience in finance, accounting and/or analytical services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced PC experience, Excel spreadsheets, word-processing software
- Ability to work well with others, strong leadership skills, ability to multitask. Verbal and written communication skills. Analytical and organizational skills. Ability to work with large data sets. Provide excellent customer service.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
1) Online Application
2) Cover letter to include two professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any position on our website, please use the following link: http://www.tamusa.edu/humanresources/job-opportunities/index.html
Make sure that all the required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
Please follow these easy steps to view and apply for open positions within The Texas A&M University System.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.