Operations Support Director
Operations Support Director
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, full-time, twelve (12) months
STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and education
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Twelve (12) months
AVAILABLE: January 2, 2021
POSTING DATE: October 8, 2020
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Senior Director of Student Financial and Military and Veteran Services, this position is responsible for the set-up and management of all systems, data management, and reporting for the Student Financial Services department. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs the “super user” role for the Financial Aid, Student Accounts, and the Communications Modules in Ellucian Colleague
- Performs the “super user” role Colleague Self-Service module.
- Performs the “super user” role for online payment and billing software.
- Performs the “super user” role for Softdocs document management, workflow, and electronic forms.
- Performs all report writing services for Student Financial Services including collection, analysis, and preparation of data for internal and external reporting using Ellucian Colleague, Business Objects Web Intelligence, Microsoft Excel, SQL, and other reporting and analytic software.
- Performs the “super user” role for Electronic Document Management System, including electronic document management, workflow management, and creation and management of electronic forms.
- Manages day-to-day operations of Student Financial Aid (SFA) systems: multiple electronic data loads, correspondence, and data exchanges with the Department of Education.
- Oversees all electronic notifications to students.
- Oversees reconciliation of federal, state, and institutional award funds.
- Oversees daily transmittal of financial aid to student accounts.
- Stays current on federal regulations with respect to management and reporting of federal financial aid, disbursement of federal funds, reconciling, cash management, and processing of credit balances.
- Manages annual system updates, including all Ellucian Colleague tables, processes, reports, communication management, student financial aid, and billing portals.
- Develops, tests, and implements new or modified systems to meet changing federal requirements
- Supervises the Systems Specialist.
- Administers system upgrades including testing, research, and background documentation for staff training.
- Serves as liaison with IT staff and other system representatives in resolving system related problems.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's Degree, plus a minimum of one (1) year experience in student aid, higher education administration or in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education. Financial aid, student account, or other experience in a higher education environment, with knowledge of reporting and system set-up, preferred. The successful candidate must have a strong working knowledge of systems and data processing techniques for automated systems; possess exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; have strong organizational management and problem-solving skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize with concurrent deadlines; work accurately and quickly with attention to detail. Must possess the ability to work as part of a team with a strong commitment to customer service. Incumbent must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909-748-8040
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=1b6ccc13-b292-4d7c-b1fd-d6d6aa2830af
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency