Helpdesk Analyst (7358C), Berkeley Law 11783
Helpdesk Analyst (7358C), Berkeley Law 11783 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 22, 2020
UC Berkeley School of Law is one of the nation's great centers for legal education, ever exploring and pushing new intellectual boundaries while tackling urgent, real-world issues. Berkeley Law is also known for its vibrant and engaged community of students and scholars who are committed to providing leadership and making a difference on problems of local, national, and global import.
The law school has produced leaders in law, government, and society, including Chief Justice of the United States Earl Warren, Secretary of State of the United States Dean Rusk, American civil rights activist Pauli Murray, California Supreme Court Justice Cruz Reynoso, president and founder of the Equal Justice Society Eva Paterson, United States Northern District of California Judge Thelton Henderson, and Attorney General of the United States Edwin Meese.
The Berkeley Law Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) department provides computing support for law school students, faculty, and staff, as well as support for phone and voice systems. The Helpdesk Analyst (Business/Tech Support Analyst 3) provides day-to-day consultation, escalated support for more complex issues, training and troubleshooting to the personal computer (including laptop) user for hardware, software, network and related computer systems and peripheral devices; ensures their operation for individuals and groups of computer users; installs and configures systems; recommends hardware and software acquisitions and upgrades and implements IT projects as assigned.
- User Support and Consulting:
- Applies professional business/technical support concepts to provide workstation support, consultation, and training clients based on established departmental and IT guidelines.
- Identifies, documents, and reports network connectivity issues.
- Analyzes, documents, and diagnoses hardware and software issues.
- Gives feedback on replacements and upgrades when necessary.
- Coordinates with vendors for warranty repairs.
- Updates equipment inventory records.
- Properly escalates issues according to departmental process and supervisorial guidance.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for internal systems as assigned by management.
- Performs user testing and quality assurance on systems and software.
- Creates and oversees creation of complex technical documentation.
- Provides internal technical support to more junior staff members.
- Assists junior staff in resolving customer problems.
- Provide escalated, ongoing customer service to a wide swath of VIP users through multiple communication methods to resolve Tier 2 and Tier 3 support issues.
- Applies business/technical support concepts to perform Tier 3 (highest-level) technical support.
- May provide server administration support to clients perform systems administration duties if needed in coordination with the systems teams.
- Provides system and business analysis within the law IT team and to the greater law community to improve technical and customer services.
- Implements and manages IT projects as assigned.
- Demonstrated skill in configuring, troubleshooting and supporting end user client systems including desktop, laptop and mobile computing devices.
- Experience conducting escalated, broad technical support including hardware and software tests, analyzing test results and producing reports of conclusions and recommendations.
- Extensive experience in use and knowledge of networking protocols such as DHCP, TCP / IP, etc.
- Advanced knowledge developing and managing enterprise deployment of Windows 10, Microsoft Office, OS X, Adobe and other productivity products in an enterprise, networked environment.
- Experience in use and knowledge of complex scripting languages.
- Demonstrated ability to configure and customize moderately complex software.
- Advanced knowledge of Google for Education.
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Interpersonal skills in order to work with both technical and nontechnical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Ability to elicit and communicate technical and non-technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated skill providing technical training to users at various levels of skill.
- Experience developing and administering formal technical training to users at a variety of levels.
- Problem solving skills in a complex, multi-eco system environment with an emphasis on teamwork, delegation, and escalation with an ability to provide technical and administrative work direction.
- In-depth understanding of decentralized divisional and institutional business processes to provide the highest level of support.
- Demonstrated written and verbal skills.
- Advanced skill at creating technical documentation for complex processes and applications.
- Demonstrated judgment to delegate / escalate issues appropriately.
- Ability to develop, schedule and execute on multiple, simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion at all times.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Familiarity of or ability to quickly learn UC Berkeley campus computing standards, recommendations and policies, including security standards preferred.
- Certification in GSuite Administration.
- Certification in Microsoft Office 365.
- Advanced knowledge of help desk ticketing systems (i.e. Footprints, ServiceNow, Zendesk).
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. The annual salary range of the position is $78,008.38 (Step 5.5) - $86,085.30 (Step 7.5), commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
This is a full-time (M-F; 40 hours/week) career position.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=11783&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency