Job DetailsPosting Number20210004EXJob TitleAthletic TrainerType of EmploymentRegular Full-TimeIf Part Time, Enter Hours Per WeekWork LocationMurrayEmployment Term12 MonthsPosition TypeStaff - Exempt(Monthly)DepartmentAthletics Sports MedicineSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Athletic Trainer is responsible for assisting the Head Athletic Trainer with the administration and management of the Athletic Training Department and serves, along with the Head Athletic Trainer and Team Physician(s), as part of the team responsible for the health of the student-athletes as it pertains to athletics. Serves as second in command in sports medicine. Primary sport responsivity as designated by head Athletic Trainer.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in daily operations of the athletic training room.
• Evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of athletic injuries.
• Act as liaison with academic offices concerning students and graduate assistants.
• Assist Head Athletic Trainer with athletic training personnel evaluations.
• Assist in maintaining medical records.
• Supervise Graduate Assistants.
• Supervise athletic training students as part of the Clinical Experience courses in the Athletic Training Education Program.
• Coordinate summer camp coverage.
• Teaching within the Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) if applicable.
• Teaching up to six semester hours if applicable.
• Teaching may include didactic classroom instruction and clinical supervision.
• Other duties as assigned.
• As a member of the Murray State University Athletic Department, you shall comply with all applicable NCAA rules and regulations as provided in the NCAA Division I Manual. If you are found in violation of NCAA regulations, you shall be subject to disciplinary or corrective action as set forth in the provisions of the NCAA enforcement procedures, including suspension without pay or termination of employment for significant repetitive violations.
Specific duties may include:
• Serve as the NCAA Drug Testing Coordinator.
• Ensure rosters are submitted to drug free sport group.
• Serve as the onsite test coordinator.
• Maintain accurate drug testing records.
• Verify invoices received from drug testing group.
• Coordinate counseling appointments should a student-athlete fail a drug test.
• Bachelor’s degree in Sports Medicine, Physical Education or related field required. Master’s degree required.
• BOC certification required.
• Must be eligible, apply for and hold a Kentucky license.
• Ability to work well with students, faculty, community, and media.
• Good communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
• Letter of application
• Contact information for three (3) references
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Are you certified by the Board of Certification as an Athletic Trainer and also certified or eligible for certification as an athletic trainer by the Commonwealth of Kentucky?
- Letter of Application
- List of References with Contact Information
- Other Document
- Other Document 2