OPS Program Assistant
Job no: 514799
Work type: Temp Part-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Communications/Public Relations/Marketing, Office/Clerical
Department:23010200 - CJC-GRADUATE STUDIES / RESEARC
OPS - Time LimitedJob Description:
The Professional Master’s Program is one of three master’s programs in the College of Journalism and Communications (CJC) and is an on-campus program designed specifically for those who want to develop additional skills to become more competitive in the job market. This position provides operational support for the program, specifically related to tracking, advising, communication and evaluation. To learn more about the Professional Master's Program: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/graduate-old/graduate-professional-masters/
The College of Journalism and Communications embraces diversity as a shared responsibility among faculty, staff and students and strives for tangible expressions of this responsibility. We are committed to fostering a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for individuals of all races, genders, nationalities, religions, sexual orientations, identities and abilities to express their culture and perspectives through the art and science of journalism and communication. To learn more about the College of Journalism and Communications: https://www.jou.ufl.edu/this-is-cjc/
Duties for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in student advising as related to course scheduling and degree requirements
- Assist in preparation of reports, including annual academic assessment
- Assist in maintaining student records in database, including data entry
- Track student enrollment, employment and placement
- Communicate regularly with graduate division regarding predicted course enrollments and assist as needed with tracking and processing enrollment of EEP and Combination degree students. Also track requests for Pro Master’s student’s requesting courses through the online/distance program.
- Ensure accuracy in external and internal communication regarding the program, including supporting marketing and website efforts
- Provide any additional support needed to year-round admission process of graduate students, including orientation, new student surveys, etc.
- Assist in planning Advisory board meeting.
- May include supervising student assistants.
- 20 hours per week, schedule to be discussed.
- This position reports to the Director of the Professional Master’s Program.
$18 - $20 per hourMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experiencePreferred Qualifications:
N/ASpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Must upload resume and cover letter to be considered.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 08 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 21 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time