Clinical Case Manager II
Job no: 514812
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Health Profession, Office/Clerical
Department:27011000 - HA-HSC PRIVACY OFFICE
Clinical Case Manager IIJob Description:
- Maintains an active caseload providing hands on services to the patients. Create and provide individual treatment plan to patient providing interventions as needed and within area of expertise and limits of credentials; assures procurement of additional services as needed.
- Consult with community programs to ensure cohesive and consistent goals based on the needs and capabilities of each client.
- Responsible for ongoing developmental surveillance of the client’s status and of the caregiver’s educational and support needs.
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referral, crisis management, advocacy, and follow up with the focus on attaining treatment goals.
- Provides crisis management for clients; makes linkages for interventions as appropriate.
- Provides individual and group Activities of Daily Living (ADL) training.
- Maintains client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, etc.
- Attend meetings as appropriate and meet regularly with supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision
$60,000 - $65,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Master's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of appropriate experience.
Valid Florida driver licensePreferred Qualifications:
- Ability to work independently, to listen and follow directions, and meet deadlines;
- Ability to collect, compile, evaluate, and analyze, data;
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and prioritize multiple work assignments;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive materials and act with discretion;
- Ability to maintain effective communication;
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with faculty and staff, handle telephone calls and emails in a courteous and efficient manner;
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, high levels of attention to detail, reliability, and professionalism.
- Works well in a team, kind and considerate, thoughtful of diverse populations
Please upload the following - CV or Resume, Cover Letter and List of Professional References.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 21 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 04 Nov 2020 Eastern Standard Time