Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-10-08
- Conducts interviews of patients with confirmed or probable COVID-19, with a focus on motivational interviewing and cultural competency
- Communicates with contacts to notify them of exposure
- Provides disease-specific information; assessing signs and symptoms, and underlying health conditions; discussing symptom onset to determine window period for contact elicitation and exposure risk for close contacts; discussing work, social, recreational, and community activities to identify who may have been exposed; eliciting information on close contacts, including names, exposure dates and locating information
- Assesses support needs to maintain health and compliance during self-isolation.
- Facilitates testing and referral to healthcare services and resource care coordination, as indicated.
- Provides recommendations for self-isolation and review of daily monitoring procedures.
- Conducts daily monitoring during self-isolation until patient is no longer infectious or until quarantine ends.
Qualifications generally include having excellent and sensitive interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity, and interviewing skills. Contact tracers should be skilled at asking questions and being sympathetic, with an understanding of medical terminology. They can maintain trust with patients, have difficult conversations and understand patient confidentiality.Please note this is a Temporary, Fixed Term Position with an anticipated end date of June 30, 2021Job Location - City, State,Department / SchoolProvost's CenterPay RangeAffirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.