Posting DetailsJob TitleDiabetes Consultant/Inpatient/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24857Working TitleLicensed Diabetes EducatorDepartment NameH3270:Nursing Practice and Support ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level09Salary Range$19.66-31.91/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSN/BSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
2 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
RN/RD + Licensed Diabetes Educator eligiblePhysical Requirements
This position will require the ability to walk for extended periods of time; sit at a computer workstation regularly; and perform tasks with repetitive motions.Shift
8:30 am – 5:00 pm with some weekend requirements per departmental needs.Job Summary
The Diabetes Educator (DE) will work with diabetes care providers (e.g., physicians, Advanced Practice Providers) to provide integrated and comprehensive management of patients with diabetes-related disorders. This individual will demonstrate a moderate-level of practice in diabetes education serving under his/her qualified mentor. The DE will be guided by his/her individual scope of practice, provide counseling, regimen adjustment, problem solving, and recognizing and prioritizing data. Will also engage in clinical and educational assessments to guide clinical decision-making and serves as a resource for review of BBDC materials and policies. This role participates in appropriate training to maximize teaching and learning skills with a focus on analyzing, evaluating, and creating; and demonstrates positivity and the ability to work collaboratively within an interdisciplinary team.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Excellent verbal communication skills, strong written communication skills, ability to engage and motivate others, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Knowledge of computer software, expertise in interdisciplinary team collaboration and relations, ability to work independently, and ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and support to professional staff.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Dietetics.Deadline to Apply10/22/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold a Bachelor of Science or above in Nursing and/or Dietetics?
- Yes, I have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (or above).
- Yes, I have a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics (or above).
- Yes, I currently hold a Bachelor’s degree (or above) in both Nursing and Dietetics.
- No, I do not currently hold either of these degrees.
- * Are you currently licensed in the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) and/or a Registered Dietitian (RD)?
- Yes, I am currently licensed in the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse.
- Yes, I am currently licensed in the state of Kentucky as a Registered Dietitian.
- Yes, I am currently licensed in the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse and a Registered Dietitian.
- No, I do not currently hold either of these licenses.
- * Are you currently a Licensed Diabetes Educator or are eligible to obtain this certification?
- * Do you have at least 2 years paid, full-time, employment experience in diabetes education, nursing and/or dietetics?
- * Please describe three attributes/skills you deem most important when educating a patient with diabetes.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter