Nursing Care Technician/On-Call/Cardiovascular Pavilion A 8th floor
Posting DetailsJob TitleNursing Care Technician/On-Call/Cardiovascular Pavilion A 8th floorRequisition NumberDU07143Department NameH7300: CARDIOVASCULARWork LocationLexington, KYSalary Range12.50-18.65Type of PositionStaffPosition Time Status On CallRequired Education
HSRequired Related Experience
Have one or more of the following: 1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical)of nursing school or 2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA) or 3.) Experience as a military medic or 4.) active LPN license or 5.) Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of KY, or FOR ED ONLY: Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT).
And must have AHA BLS
The essential functions for this position include the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds occasionally and 25-50 pounds frequently; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases, hazards of radiation, and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.Shift
Must be able to work a NIGHT shifts – at least 36 hours / month. Some weekends and holidays will be required.Job Summary
This position will serve as the Nursing Care Tech for Pavilion A, 8th floor. This position works one on one with Registered Nurse (RN) to complete delegated tasks and provide direct patient care such as: obtain vital signs, phlebotomy, documentation, assist with ADL’s (activities of daily living), order and stock supplies, respond to patient call lights, unit orientation, and patient admission, transfer and discharge. Positions may also involve moving patients from bed to wheelchair or stretcher, or stretcher to treatment/surgical tables. Handling of specimens and delivery to labs and preparation of patients for surgical procedures may also be required. The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing prompt, compassionate, and patient centered care in a collaborative, team-oriented work environment. This dynamic environment supports collaborative efforts among the nursing staff and the teams of physicians to increase communication, follow through, and enhance patient outcomes and satisfaction.
New Starting Pay Rate The starting pay for this position was recently adjusted. The minimum hourly rate for this position will now be $14.00/hour.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be compassionate, honest, trustworthy, and have a strong work ethic. Must enjoy working in a team and also be able to take direction and communicate effectively with staff, patients and their family members. In addition, must also be confident and enjoy working in a fast paced environment. Knowledge of CPR and basic concept of abnormal vital sign parameters is a must. Candidate will also need strong organizational, prioritization, basic computer navigation skills and working knowledge of the Internet.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Previous hospital experience is preferred.Deadline to Apply10/19/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently employed as a Nursing Care Technician at UK HealthCare Chandler or Samaritan Hospitals?
- * Do you have one of the following options: 1.) RN Nursing student who has completed the first clinical nursing course (class and clinical) of nursing school or 2.) A valid, current Kentucky State Registered Nursing Certificate (SRNA) or 3.) Experience as a military medic or 4.) active LPN license or 5.) Acquired Nursing Care Technician (NCT) competencies through continuous employment in a NCT role at University of Kentucky or 6.) for Emergency Department positions ONLY- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (EMT)?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter