Program Manager - Coordinated Science Laboratory (133564)
Coordinated Science Laboratory
The Grainger College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
Act as the manager for all issues relating to dependable and secure computing research programs. Provides leadership, works with faculty, and supports personnel to develop, coordinate, and maintain interdisciplinary research initiatives and team building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the dependable and secure computing research programs? manage and maintain group records including publications/bibliography, maintain group appointments, allocate space, and maintain web presence.
- Function as the primary liaison with sponsoring agencies, corporations, subcontractors, students, faculty and other stakeholders and manage corporate relations.
- Tracks and advises on annual expenditures including personnel, equipment, and travel for all group funds.
- Work with the CSL Business Office to administer grants and manage the funding.
- Monitor account activity for compliance with sponsor and University guidelines in cooperation with director, manage operations for the Center for AI Driven Health Data.
- Systems and Analytics
- Assists in planning, organizing, and hosting workshops, corporate meetings and other events..
- Assist in creating and administering web sites to disseminate technical publications and other informational resources
- Supervise part-time staff member and extra help employees as needed by providing oversight of duties and accepting requests for time off and approving timesheets.
- Steers the creation and coordination of research project proposals
- Review and administer license agreements, patent applications, MOU’s, NDA’s and research agreements
- Create, write, and edit reports, proposals, and other documents
- Seek opportunities to develop collaborative research relations with government agencies, educational institutions and industry.
- Assume additional appropriate related program manager duties to further the mission of the unit
Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics or a field related to the position.
Four years of experience in a research administration environment.
Familiarity with concepts and terminology used in computing systems.
Familiarity with University systems and programs.
Familiarity with research proposal process.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time, 100%, Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after October 31, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by October 31, 2020. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.
Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.
Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Amy Gilbert at 217-244-1802. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit “Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.”
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.
College Name or Administrative Unit:The Grainger College of Engineering Category:2-Administrative Title:Program Manager - Coordinated Science Laboratory (133564) Open Date:10/07/2020 Close Date:10/31/2020 Organization Name:Coordinated Science Lab