Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Decatur, IL (138248)
Office Support Assistant – University of Illinois Extension
Units 16 & 17 Cluster – Decatur, IL (Macon County – Unit 17)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
Primary Position Function/Summary:
Under the general supervision of the County Director and Extension Educators, this position will organize, coordinate and perform specialized clerical, and secretarial duties requiring knowledge of general office and university procedures and methods, the ability to operate a variety of office equipment, and the ability to operate computer systems, such as Microsoft Office, and university based software packages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Types materials such as newsletters, letters, and news releases from rough draft to final form, with responsibility for grammar, spelling, and general presentation.
- Composes and types letters of a routine, factual nature regarding Extension program areas.
- Maintains mailing lists? adds and drops names from master lists without detailed review.
- Maintains subject matter files of Extension pamphlets, brochures, newsletters, and related materials? provides materials to public upon request.
- Collects and prepares routine statistical information concerning Extension programs, such as membership rolls, program evaluations, and 4-H awards.
- Makes meeting arrangements for conferences, tours, or workshops as directed.
- Receives visitors and answers telephones? refer inquiries to appropriate staff members as needed? answers general questions concerning programs and program areas.
- Maintains and updates web pages.
- Comply with University of Illinois Extension affirmative/action equal opportunity policies and guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling six (6) months of experience in the categories below:
a. Work experience performing office/clerical activities, including use of computer systems
b. college or university course work in any curriculum
- twelve (12) semester hours = six (6) months
To view more information about this Civil Service classification:
This Office Support Assistant position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible Civil Service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $16.08 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and Exam Request Form for OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT – Decatur, IL Extension. Please include all relevant work/volunteer experience coordinating educational and/or community programs or activities. This information should be included in the Experience portion of the application. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver’s license (copy of both sides), professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Illinois Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Unit 17 Category:9-Off-Campus Title:Office Support Assistant - University of Illinois Extension - Decatur, IL (138248) Open Date:10/08/2020 Close Date:10/28/2020 Organization Name:Unit 17