IT Asset Management Specialist
IT Asset Management Specialist
Job no: 493571
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Categories: Information Technology
Role: IT Asset Management Specialist
About ECC:Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Work Schedule:8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday
Rate of Pay:41,662
Job Summary:An employee in this classification performs work of moderate difficulty supporting the college’s software licensing program and overseeing the Asset Management Systems for the IT division’s equipment acquisitions Work is defined by the ability to adhere to software licensing best practices and to coordinate software and equipment acquisitions. Direction is received from the assigned supervisor.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Associate's degree in a relevant field with 1 to 2 year’s applicable experience with software licensing and hardware in a large networked academic environment or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Good knowledge of terms and conditions of software agreements, software licensing, copyright compliance and taxable services.
• Good knowledge of software applications, e.g., license managers, license keys, keyserving, named user, concurrent use, electronic distribution of software, etc.,
• Good knowledge of hardware specifications as they relate to higher education and the college’s environments.
• Good knowledge of software and hardware related to installation requirements for a variety of applications.
• Considerable skill in verbal, written and presentation communications.
• Considerable skill in organizing work to meet established deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
• Considerable skill in problem solving and analytical deduction.
• Working skill to standup, maintain and administer application for large asset management system.
• Working skill in ability to research technology information, analyze and outline options and propose solutions.
• Working skill in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Working skill in developing and maintaining positive and professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. IAITAM Certificate in Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM) OR Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) OR Certified Hardware Asset Management Professional (CHAMP)
2. Good knowledge of Microsoft educational licensing
3. Working skill in technical writing
4. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department.
1. Oversee the Asset Management Systems for the IT Division’s equipment acquisitions and college’s software licensing program.
2. Act as licensing expert for the college
3. Research software product information and pricing in order to provide financial analysis and evaluation of alternatives and make purchasing recommendations.
4. Coordinate software purchases by working with Purchasing and the Legal department regarding the negotiation and purchasing of software agreements to assure adherence to software purchasing best practices.
5. Establish and maintain inventory system for hardware and software; including but not limited to the documentation for software installation and check-out procedures;
6. Track software license maintenance for all contracts and software purchases, and the department’s networked hardware working closely with other IT departments via asset system’s dashboard(s) for non-networked technology with the goal of providing this tracking service campus-wide.
7. Coordinate software installations campus wide.
8. Maintains required training, licensure and/or certification
9. Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to applicable privacy laws
10. Demonstrates sensitivity, understanding and respect of diverse populations within the workplace.
11. Maintains an understanding of the work of colleagues to effectively provide backup and/or support for co-workers during times when the division is short-staffed or experiencing an increased volume of work.
12. Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality
1. Perform other duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
2. Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes days/evenings/weekends as needed by the department
Light (up to 25 lbs occasionally or 10 lbs frequently)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Current SSECCA Union Member Information:
The initial posting date for this position is 10/08/2020. Elgin Community College Support Staff Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 10/15/2020 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: October 8, 2020 Central Daylight Time