Law School Student and Faculty Support Coordinator, 28057
Location: UMKC Volker Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34516
School of LawJob Description
UMKC School of Law seeks a Coordinator of Student and Faculty Support for the School. The Coordinator reports to several assigned Law School faculty members, and helps coordinate and support the development and operations of student programs, in addition to University-recognized campus organizations, and other University activities with which those assigned faculty are involved.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Customary Administrative Assistant work/support for the assigned faculty
- Support of Graduate Tax (LL.M) Program
- Support of Ireland Study Abroad Program
- Support of Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
- Support of Entrepreneurial and Intellectual Property Legal Services Clinic
- Support of the Director of the Law School’s Entrepreneurship Programs
- Assisting applicants in gathering information for the LLM Tax and General Programs
- Providing student service functions such as ordering textbooks, calculating GPAs, implementing student graduation procedures, other special events, and completing special projects as assigned
- Assisting with marketing and recruiting of students for programs directed by assigned faculty
- Assisting with planning and coordinating events, and, in some cases, with grants administration and accounting for programs directed by assigned faculty
- Performing a variety of standard assignments and responsibilities and making recommendations for improvement/efficiency, resourcing, etc., as necessary
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.Preferred Qualifications
- A Master’s degree in higher education administration or related area preferred.
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Respect for the confidentiality of sensitive processes and the ability to maintain confidentiality in daily processes
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with little guidance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Evidence of proactive approach to initiatives
- Ability to search databanks and organize data for financial and informational projects
- Proficiency with specific computer programs used in the position (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PeopleSoft, Acrobat Pro, PowerPoint, Zoom, Box, Canvas, and any other software regularly used) and facility with numbers
$19.47 - $24.04 per hourShift
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday through FridayApplication Deadline
10/18/2020Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor - Human Resources at 816-235-1621.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of this job. If you believe you may have difficulty performing any of the duties or functions of this job, please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at (816) 235-1323.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links:
UMKC values diversity as central to its mission as an urban-serving research university and as a driver of excellence in teaching and learning. UMKC embraces a broad spectrum of diversities, including race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, linguistic ability, learning style, religion, socioeconomic and veteran status, life experiences, educational level and family structure. For more information on our diversity mission, visit the Office of Diversity and Inclusion website: http://info.umkc.edu/diversity/
UMKC is the largest comprehensive, fully accredited university in the Kansas City area. Our students come from all 50 states and over 85 countries, enriching our community with diverse perspectives. With more than 125 academic areas, our students have a lot of opportunities to explore on their way to discovering and creating their perfect career. We are at the heart of a thriving urban area where the city’s life and energy influence everything that happens here. We are Kansas City’s university and we can’t wait for you to join us! Find out more about UMKC in the About UMKC section of our website.
Details about UMKC’s community and the benefits of being an employee can be found on our careers page.