Research Technician III
PharmacologyDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
Join a NIH funded research laboratory specialized in addiction biology and physiology. The Research Technician III hired into this role will work independently as well as collaborate with research scientists and graduate students on various exciting translational research projects.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- In vivo rodent addiction/behavioral models and surgical procedures.
- Future mouse/rat colony maintenance.
- Tissue sectioning and IHC.
- Aid in experimental design and timelines.
- Make behavioral observations, analyze data and help interpret test results.
- Help train other researchers, staff and students in lab techniques and procedures.
- High schooldiploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experiencerequired, AND a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; OR Associates'Degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required,AND a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required in addition toeducation requirement.
* Bachelor’s degree -biological science or related major; Lab experience with rat and mouse models.FLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
4Career Stream and Level:
Research & LabJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Lisa Majuta, [email protected]Open Date:
10/8/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.