Healthy Start Interviewer | Data Entry Operator I
Healthy Start Interviewer | Data Entry Operator IJob no: 676490
Work type: Support Staff
Pay Grade: 05
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Human Medicine
Department: Chm Flint 40000829
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Clerical Technical- CT, Health Care Support, Research/Scientific, Union
Healthy Start InterviewerPosition Summary
The Michigan State University and Hurley Children’s Hospital Pediatric Public Health Initiative (https://msuhurleypphi.org/), under the direction of Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha, seeks a team of five Healthy Start focused Interviewers for the Flint Registry (https://www.flintregistry.org/) project. A Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-designated public health authority, the Flint Registry’s goal is to connect people who were impacted by the Flint Water Crisis to resources and programs that serve to minimize the effects of lead on their health while promoting wellness and recovery.
The Interviewers will administer surveys over the phone and in person (when safe) using pre-formatted scripts on a computer program and/or paper in accordance with specified protocols and procedures; and will enter data into a database, verify source documents/information; obtain missing data, compile data for reports, and perform data searches as requested.
The ideal candidate will have experience collecting information through scripted interviews and surveys, entering responses into a database, and communicating and working with people of all ages.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct telephone and in-person interviews for Healthy Start eligible individuals and families, following a script
• Receive or collect interview information and process it according to standard procedures to enter it into the databases or forward it for further processing
• Prepare and send mailings
• Answer phone calls and respond to emails
• Refer to lists to determine daily tasks
• Verify interview data to ensure accuracy and resolve inconsistencies and discrepancies
• Process complex and diverse information and independently render decisions to process data or request specific actions for follow-up
• Attend trainings and project meetings
• Keep information confidential
• Perform other duties as assigned
The Michigan State University and Hurley Children’s Hospital Pediatric Public Health Initiative and the Flint Registry seeks to provide employees with a diverse, challenging set of duties that foster learning new skills and knowledge and a collegial environment where employees regularly share information, ideas, resources, and solutions to problems.
This is a full-time, 9-month limited-term position.Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge normally acquired from specialized trainin g such as that acquired in one year of Data Processing or Key Punching ; up to six months related experience in data processing, key entry or database; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Desired Qualifications
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills• Experience communicating with people of all ages• Excellent computer skills, types at least 40 words per minute• Data entry experience• Multi-tasking skills• High School Diploma or GED• Experience in making phone calls to individuals without prior introduction (cold calls)• Experience collecting information through scripted interviews and surveys, entering data into a database, and working with people of all ages.• Knowledge of the Flint community and/or Flint water crisis• Available to work some nights and weekendsEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.Required Application Materials
Resume and Cover LetterWork Hours
Hours between 8a-7p, Monday-SaturdayDescription of End Date
This is a limited term position funded through 7/31/2021 from date of hire with possible extension contingent upon funding renewal.Bidding and Eligibility Ends on 10/13/2020 at 11:55 PM
Advertised: Oct 7, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 20, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time