Learning Management System Specialist
Assist with the technical and operational deployment, ongoing change management, and administration of the CAC enterprise-wide learning management system. Serves as a primary system administrator and configuration specialist. The LMS Specialist is the backup in the absence of the LMS Analyst.Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot operating systems, internet browsers, and internet-security software issues, as related to LMS, to assist faculty and students in resolving compatibility issues. Provide direction and instruction as needed as to the correct use of Blackboard. Generate custom analytics and reports on utilization and targeted metrics.
- Escalate tickets to managed hosting and assist as needed in problem solving and analytics. In conjunction with the LMS Analyst, configure the customization of the LMS user interface, configuring features and functionality, availability, create/remove users, modify user information settings, create/modify/remove courses, maintain integration with third party applications, other related enterprise systems, and building blocks.
- Provide assistance to faculty as it relates to the technical aspects and capabilities of the LMS, and the College's suite of collaborative software. Assist with training for faculty and staff in the production and delivery of distance learning, utilizing best practice, instructional design methodologies. Deliver training for students in the use of the LMS.
- Facilitate the college's collaborative software suite (e.g. SharePoint, Collaborate Ultra, Teams, and Skype). Troubleshoot in order to assist faculty and students in resolving technical problems. Provide instruction as needed to faculty and students as to the correct usage.
- Work in conjunction with the LMS Analyst on Learning Technology projects, as related to collaborative software, the LMS, and related technologies. Maintain the content on the CAC Blackboard portal. Advise and train organizational educators and content developers on LMS standards and best practices, as well as troubleshoot technical issues, in consultation with internal partners and the vendor. Create content and training materials as needed for faculty and students to integrate usage of Blackboard and other collaborative technologies within a constantly changing technological environment.
EDUCATION: Associates Degree
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year related experience
SPECIAL CONDITION CONDITIONS: Blackboard certification within 1 year. Will be required to be available after hours, in an "on call" rotation for after-hours emergency response duties as a member of a 7x24x365 support team.
Licenses and Certificates: This position may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., MCSE). This position requires a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application
Special Notice Items:
This position may be required to be “on call” and work nights, weekends or holidays on a rotating schedule.
SALARY: Entry salary is $48,026.00 - $50,908.00 (Dependent upon qualifications)
DEADLINE: Thursday, October 22, 2020
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
The level of background verification for this position is : Standard LevelKnowledge, Skills, & Abilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Technical knowledge and practical experience in Learning Management Systems in an academic setting. Higher education experience preferred.
- Knowledge of information technology and distance learning
- Exceptional patience, interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation, and ability to provide user support and education to faculty and staff with multiple levels of experience and understanding of Learning Management Systems and other collaborative software packages.
- Skill in troubleshooting and resolving problems in a diverse learning environment with stakeholders of varying skillsets and expertise
- Strong skills and ability in time management and prioritization of multiple competing tasks
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to remain poised during stressful situations or in emotionally charged environments
Duties require little physical effort in work with light (up to 10lbs), easy to handle materials. Duties performed causes light fatigue of eyes, fingers, or other facilities due to long periods of standing, sitting, and repetitive motion.
Position engages in or requires some or all of the following:
- Alternative or combined human relations skills in understanding other people and influencing their behavior in order to achieve job objectives
- Must have skills of persuasiveness or assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to other person's point of view in order to influence their behavior, change an opinion, or turn a situation around
- Provides direction, consultation, and/or training
- Deals with confidential information
- Has moderate level of contact with students, program participants, and/or the public
- Must be a strong team player and able to contribute on cross-functional teams
- Must be able to convey ideas, recommendations, and understanding to others in various levels of technical understanding
- Must be driven to stay abreast of best practices in distance learning, and standards of technical excellence in higher education in terms of Learning Management Systems and collaborative software
Job is performed in general office or comparable working area with occasional distractions such as noise, interruptions, or congested work areas with exposure to some disagreeable elements. Must have ability to work "on call" periods as required.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.