RESEARCH TECHNICIAN, School of Medicine
RESEARCH TECHNICIAN, School of MedicineTracking Code1567 Job Description
Research Technician position in Immunology and Infectious Diseases: The Snyder-Cappione laboratory in the Department of Microbiology at Boston University School of Medicine seeks a research technician to assist with ongoing COVID-19, HIV, and aging immunology research projects. The specific responsibilities of this position include basic lab management and organization, processing of human samples, and performing research. Research tasks will include assisting others and working independently performing a variety of cutting edge techniques, including 30+ color spectral flow cytometry, Imaging Mass Cytometry, live cell imaging, and ELISA. The ideal applicant is highly motivated with a strong commitment to excellence, great attention to detail, and works well independently and with others.Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum 2-year commitment are required for this position.
- Experience with cell culture and techniques such as ELISA and flow cytometry is preferred but not required. We will provide training.
- The Snyder-Cappione lab is committed to the career development of all members; opportunities for an independent immunology research project related to HIV, aging, and/or COVID-19 will be available if interested.
- This position is grant funded.
- Boston University School of Medicine is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to building and maintaining robust diversity within all components of its community, and strongly welcomes applications from women and under-represented groups.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular