EDITOR/WRITER, College of Engineering, Administration
EDITOR/WRITER, College of Engineering, AdministrationTracking Code1129 Job Description
Present the Colleges image to key constituencies through printed and electronic publications. Material is often used as the basis for other marketing communications projects. Make important editorial decisions and ensure factual accuracy. Write about engineering clearly and concisely for lay audiences, as well as edit other writers copy so it is clear and concise. Translate scientific and engineering jargon for a lay audience and be able to create a compelling narrative. Gather information, research articles and gain approval with alumni, faculty, staff, students, deans, directors and others.Required Skills
- Bachelor's degree required, but experience may substitute for advanced degree.
- B.A./B.S. in Science journalism, public relations, marketing, communications or related field. Must possess a basic understanding of graphic design fundamentals, and be able to use word processing, and Webdesign and publishing technology at an intermediate level.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and complete them on deadline.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Three to five years of related experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular