Associate Director, Talent Development
Associate Director, Talent Development
Talent and Organizational Effectiveness
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Associate Director, Talent Development is responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders to execute learning and development programs to support individual contributors, leadership, and employee engagement. The role supports the implementation of current and long-term development solutions to improve employee learning, engagement, retention, and sense of belonging. This position will provide effective performance consulting for faculty, staff, individuals, and teams through goal development, needs assessment and diagnosis, role and responsibility clarification, leadership and team development, coaching, and implementation of process and performance interventions. The position is also responsible for ensuring execution of all training strategies and plans are in full alignment with, and supportive of overall divisional and institutional strategy, goals, and outcomes. The successful candidate will be an experienced and driven leader who will work collaboratively with the Associate Vice-President of Talent and Organizational Effectiveness and the entire divisional team to design and provide a comprehensive learning and development approach focused on attracting, developing and retaining diverse talent across the Institution.
This individual must possess and demonstrate the ability to navigate and influence across complex working relationships, establish themselves as a trusted advisor, and balance innovative approaches with practical and viable deliverables. Initiative, critical thinking skills, respect for others, consultative style, and polished execution will position this professional as a valued and integral team player in transforming the organization. The Associate Director, Talent Development will promote a culture of openness and inclusive participation of all constituents by working collaboratively with academic leadership, administrators, and other relevant committees at WPI to further the institution's efforts related to talent and engagement.
Specific Areas of Responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Champion a High Performance Learning Culture - Implement and manage an overarching learning and development strategy for the Institute. Support an agile learning culture for WPI's workforce where knowledge is shared through relevant, best-in-class approaches and offerings that strengthen individual and organizational capabilities and competencies. Partner with academic leaders and stakeholders across the institution to support development initiatives for faculty.
- Increase Organizational Learning and Development - Consult with leadership on the design, implementation and facilitation of organizational, professional and team development programs, to enhance employee effectiveness and retention. Collaborate with others on talent management and retention strategies in support of employee development, performance recognition, and succession planning. Develop procedures, guidelines, and resources in support of workplace initiatives. Design capability strategy, program structure, and content; administer training and performance improvement programs, train trainers or deliver training as appropriate; manage LMS administration of all organizational learning experiences.
- Foster Engagement and Inclusion - Working with the Director, design distinctive employee experiences that strengthen engagement and build an inclusive culture through learning strategies that align with the WPI's strategic objectives, including engagement surveys, data analysis and ensuring program quality; Develop and oversee a comprehensive learning portfolio which includes education via a broad range of instructional methods including instructor led or webinar, web-based/online learning, blended learning, video based learning and curriculum packaging.
- Enhance Workplace Relations - Offer advice and counsel to all levels of management on best practices to create a positive and productive work environment and to enhance employee engagement. Provide consultation and guidance to resolve work-related issues, including conducting workplace inquires as needed.
- Strengthen Performance Management - Consult with staff, supervisors and department chairs with the performance evaluation process, and assist with performance conversations and developing improvement plans as needed. Lead efforts to develop and implement a culture of performance effectiveness and strategies to enhance employee performance and job satisfaction.
- Drive Divisional Effectiveness - Champion and support divisional learning initiatives including various aspects of program/project management, communications, implementation, tracking, and reporting. Create and implement assessments, metrics and other measures to identify needs, ensure quality outcomes, and assess overall effectiveness of the division.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. The Associate Director, Talent Development may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Broad understanding of and expertise in organizational learning, management and leadership development. The desired candidate is flexible and adaptable, highly knowledgeable of adult learning styles, and has a strong track record of working to build programs within a complex and rapidly changing organization.
Ability to think and plan strategically while successfully executing tactical requirements to ensure successful outcomes.
High proficiency with leveraging technology platforms and talent management systems to support strategic learning and development initiatives.
Excellent conceptual, creative and collaborative skills with the ability to engage leaders, direct reports, and colleagues across the institution.
Highly developed organizational, problem-solving and time management skills to effectively handle and prioritize multiple tasks while staying abreast of key initiatives, projects or best practice approaches.
- A bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree or relevant professional certification is preferred.
- 6-8 years of progressive knowledge and experience in both creating and leading talent development and strategic learning initiatives and programs in higher education, academic healthcare or large, complex organizations.
- Progressive knowledge and experience in both creating and leading talent development and strategic learning initiatives and programs in higher education, academic healthcare or large, complex organizations.
- In-depth of experience with multiple approaches and leading edge technologies related to change, performance, talent management and leadership development initiatives.
- Proficient and/or certifications in the delivery and facilitation of multiple behavioral, skill and leadership based assessments.
- Expertise in designing and delivering targeted coaching and training programs for all levels of the organization with specific success in leadership development, succession and workforce planning.
- Solid understanding and experience utilizing Human Capital Management (Workday preferred) and Learning Management Systems.
- Demonstrated experience as an ambassador of change in a complex and results-driven organization; ability to be influential, innovative, nimble, proactive and collaborative.
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/Associate-Director--Talent-Development_R0001105
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency