Software/Platform Engineer - Grant Funded (PT)
Position Title: Software/Platform Engineer - Grant Funded (PT)
Salary: $65.00 per hour
Two years of experience in software engineering, platform engineering, or information security, required. Cybersecurity competition design and implementation experience, preferred.
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
This part-time position works on the NSA/CAE National Competition grant-funded project. Successful candidates will assist with design, production, and implementation of the competition platform and exercises.
- Designs and implements virtual networks, virtual machines, and virtual services;
- Creates vulnerabilities within virtual systems and corresponding exploits;
- Creates a scoring infrastructure including score-able services/challenges and tabulation and visualization functionality;
- Creates and implements monitoring and management tools within the virtual infrastructure;
- Produces tutorials, walk-throughs, and guides for faculty and staff participants;
- Produces technical documentation sufficient to ensure future scalability of effort;
- Administers and supports virtual platform hardware and network connectivity.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Dean of STEM-Transfer within the NSA/CAE National competition project.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 10/12/2020
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.