Learning Management Systems Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Assist with the technical and operational deployment, ongoing change management, and administration of the CAC enterprise-wide learning management system. Serves as a primary system administrator and configuration specialist. The LMS Specialist is the backup in the absence of the LMS Analyst.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will:
- Troubleshoot operating systems, internet browsers, and internet-security software issues, as related to LMS, to assist faculty and students in resolving compatibility issues. Provide direction and instruction as needed as to the correct use of Blackboard. Generate custom analytics and reports on utilization and targeted metrics.
- Escalate tickets to managed hosting and assist as needed in problem solving and analytics. In conjunction with the LMS Analyst, configure the customization of the LMS user interface, configuring features and functionality, availability, create/remove users, modify user information settings, create/modify/remove courses, maintain integration with third party applications, other related enterprise systems, and building blocks.
- Provide assistance to faculty as it relates to the technical aspects and capabilities of the LMS, and the College's suite of collaborative software. Assist with training for faculty and staff in the production and delivery of distance learning, utilizing best practice, instructional design methodologies. Deliver training for students in the use of the LMS.
- Facilitate the college's collaborative software suite (e.g. SharePoint, Collaborate Ultra, Teams, and Skype). Troubleshoot in order to assist faculty and students in resolving technical problems. Provide instruction as needed to faculty and students as to the correct usage.
- Work in conjunction with the LMS Analyst on Learning Technology projects, as related to collaborative software, the LMS, and related technologies. Maintain the content on the CAC Blackboard portal. Advise and train organizational educators and content developers on LMS standards and best practices, as well as troubleshoot technical issues, in consultation with internal partners and the vendor. Create content and training materials as needed for faculty and students to integrate usage of Blackboard and other collaborative technologies within a constantly changing technological environment.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.
EDUCATION: Associate’s Degree
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year applicable experience
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Blackboard certification within 1 year. Will be required to be available after hours, in an “on call” rotation for after-hours emergency response duties as a member of a 7x24x365 support team.
Licenses and Certificates: This position may require appropriate licenses or certifications at time of appointment or within a specified timeframe (e.g., MCSE). This position requires a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application
Special Notice Items:
This position may be required to be “on call” and work nights, weekends or holidays on a rotating schedule.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Advanced technical knowledge and practical experience in Blackboard Learn and the Blackboard suite of products
- Knowledge of information technology, technology of pedagogy, and distance learning
- Knowledge of the integration of technology and education including the knowledge of teaching methodologies, curriculum development, and instructional design
- Exceptional patience, interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation, and ability to provide user support and education to faculty and staff with multiple levels of experience and understanding of Learning Management Systems, Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Collaborate, MS Teams, SharePoint, and Skype
- Solid knowledge of project management, change management, software quality assurance, and integration management
- Skill in troubleshooting and resolving problems in a diverse learning environment with stakeholders of varying skillsets and expertise
- Strong skills and ability in time management and prioritization of multiple competing tasks
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to remain poised during stressful situations or in emotionally charged environments
SALARY: Entry salary is $48,026.00 - $50,908.00 (Dependent upon qualifications)
DEADLINE: Thursday, October 22, 2020
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work (For position vacancy that requires college level coursework or degrees)
To apply go to www.centralaz.edu/jobs. Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process. The level of the background check for this position is Standard level.
The Office of Talent Development is located in main administration building, H Building, Suite 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.