Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleMedical AssistantDepartmentHSC-UNTH Family Medicine Gen-345400Job LocationFort WorthFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary
The UNT Health Science Center Clinical Practice Group is the academic practice plan for the Health Science Center. Focused on primary care and improving health outcomes to all to build a healthier community, UNTHSC Clinical Practice Group has 13 unique clinics on the UNTHSC campus. Select specialties are aligned with key educational and clinical objectives supporting our primary care focus. In each clinic, an interprofessional team works collaboratively to achieve an optimized treatment plan tailored to the individual patient. The UNTHSC Clinical Practice Group as an interdisciplinary team of primary care and specialty care providers who are dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of our patients through patient centered clinical care, research and the education of health profession students.Position Overview
The UNT Health Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Medical Assistant to join our team.Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience. Requires graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Clinical/Professional Knowledge & Skills – Demonstrates basic skills and knowledge of the job; maintains and enhances clinical skills and knowledge on a regular basis; keeps up with current developments and
trends in areas of expertise.
- Team Skills – Seeks opportunities to accept ideas and help from co-workers to accomplish work goals; ensures smooth transition of important Patient care information from one caregiver or
department to another; is willing to share credit; appreciates differences in personalities; shows empathy; has a sense of humor and is willing to laugh at self.
- Accuracy/Attention to Detail – Consistently produces thorough and timely work; is very attentive to details; asks questions to accurately document Patient information and update records; shows concern for every aspect of the job; ensures excellent communication and follow-up.
- Respect for Standard – Understands and respects the need for structured guidelines and protocols, but is willing to ask for clarification if something doesn’t make sense and could cause harm to a Patient or result in less than an excellent level of care; demonstrates compliance with required standards.
- Customer Focus – Continually searches for ways to provide value-added solutions to customers; understands and anticipates customer’s needs and keeps customer’s needs in mind when making decisions; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty; solicits customer feedback to ensure
satisfaction with product, service and/or relationship; uses patient’s name and respects needs of different age groups
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) speaking skills are preferred but not required.
- Knowledge/experience with electronic medical records helpful.
- Maintain infection/quality care standards at all times.
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pmDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleMedical AssistantPhysical RequirementsPulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
Ensuring all patient care duties are completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner in accordance with office nursing standards of care, JCAHO, and University policies.o
Ensures Patient Flow.o
Takes Vital Signs.o
Determines Allergy Status.o
Assists in Procedures.o
Obtains Lab Specimens As Ordered (Blood or Urine).o
Completes Lab Slips.o
Monitors Lab Results.o
Assists Front Desk With Patient Check-In.o
Maintains a Safe Environment For Patients and Other Staff.o
Demonstrates understanding of appropriate infection control techniques.o
Ensures safe environment for patients and staff.o
Maintains supplies required for functioning of clinic.o
Accomplishes managed care or insurance referrals, prescription refills and prompt return of patient phone calls.o
Maintains patient medical records.o
Maintains sample medications and vaccine.o
Accomplishes telephone triage and patient triage.o
Maintains organized work space.o
Maintains appropriate work behaviors.o
The Medical Assistant is responsible for ensuring all patient care duties are completed in a safe, timely and efficient manner in accordance with office nursing standards of care, JCAHO, and University policies.Posting NumberS1197PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39927Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- * Have you graduated from an accredited Medical Assistant program?
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- Other Document