Director, Division Budget and Operations
Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleDirector, Division Budget and OperationsDepartmentUNT-Transfer Articulation-164270Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary InformationSalary commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary
The Transfer Articulation Department is within the Division of Enrollment.Position Overview
The Transfer Articulation Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Division Budget Officer to join our team.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and five years of closely related professional experienceKnowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Budget and operational strategy, strategic financial analyses including financial forecasts/projections, resourcing, HR, hiring, compensation and payroll.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships particularly in a higher education environment.
• Strong knowledge of standard financial tools and software.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management or in a related field.
- Four years of professional related experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Budget and finance experience with a knowledge of budget and finance in a higher education setting.
- Working knowledge of University accounting and budget processes, as well as policies and procedures for financial record keeping.
- Considerable knowledge of university operating procedures, organization and management policies.
- Ability to work under pressure, and adjust to constant change and handle multiple task and details.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential task utilizing judgement, tact and resourcefulness.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, occasional overtime.Driving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleDir, Division Budget and OpsPhysical RequirementsPulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
Processing and reporting revenues and expenses associated with the Vice President, as well as the AVP Strategic Initiatives, budgets.o
Monitors all accounts on a regular basis through COGNOS, internal tracking methods and financial reporting.o
Financial model decision making, analysis and support aid in achieving the Division strategic initiatives from funding perspective.o
Assists with review and monitoring of all Division of Enrollment accounts that report up through the VP’s reporting tree.o
Assists in the preparation of the annual university budget hearings.o
Manage and process the annual COGNOS planning work to allocate Division of Enrollment funding in association with the Budget Office.o
Acts as a liaison between the Division of Enrollment Departments and the Budget Office.o
Make recommendations for and implement changes to budgetary policies and procedures when appropriate.o
Provides detailed information to staff regarding HR policies and procedures.Posting NumberS1180PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39825Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references