Position DetailsUNT System Overview
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting TitleRegistrar AssistantDepartmentUNT-Registrar-165001Job LocationDentonFull Time/Part TimeFull-TimeSalary Information$25,800.00Department Summary
The Registrar’s Office provides support services to faculty, staff, students and other constituents in the areas of academic programs and degree requirements, course scheduling, enrollment, degree verification, graduation, athletic eligibility and maintenance of student academic records, as well as handles state and federal
This position is responsible for varied entry level administrative support to the records area. Duties may include data entry, record-keeping, auditing transactions, scanning/imaging, basic MS Office, and handling established, basic correspondence.Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma/GED equivalent and two years of general office or clerical experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Skill in telephone etiquette and courteous communication with public, verbally and in writing, evaluating facts or situation to route calls/customers appropriately.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Basic MS Office skills.
• Skill in the operation of a variety of office machines including personal computers, telephones and copiers, filing and recordkeeping, English composition, grammar, spelling and punctuation, and basic math.
• Knowledge of standard office policies and procedures.
- Quality customer service skills, responsible, dependable, and professional.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to customer satisfaction by providing timely and accurate services.
- Flexibility to change tasks quickly.
- Experience with clerical and data entry processing.
Mon-Fri 8-5 with some overtimeDriving University VehicleNoSecurity SensitiveThis is a security sensitive positionEEO Statement
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification TitleRegistrar AssistantPhysical RequirementsReaching, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hear Job Duties o
Provides outstanding customer service to faculty, staff, students, and the general public within the established guidelines, including answering general questions regarding permanent records and academic policy.o
Updates and corrects permanent records, including academic and demographic information.o
Calculates and corrects academic status.o
Posts transfer work and non-traditional credit onto student records and appropriately files original document for imaging.o
Provides administrative support during end of term grade reporting.o
Assists with other clerical, administrative support, or general tasks as required.Posting NumberS1175PPosition End Date (if temporary)Special Instructions to ApplicantsQuicklink for Postinghttp://jobs.untsystem.edu/postings/39800Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of position?
- Cover Letter
- List of Names and Contact Information for 3 references