Early Childhood Teacher II
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-07
Job TitleEarly Childhood Teacher IIAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentChildren's Learning CenterProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
Lead Teacher is responsible for the day to day functioning and academic curricula of the department. Administrative Assistant would be responsible for clerical duties and other administrative duties as assigned by the director.
- GEARS: Gears the program to the needs of the individual child with concerns for his/her interests, handicaps, special talents, individual pace and style of learning, and cultural background.
- REPORTS: Reports to Director any suspected cases of child abuse and/or child neglect.
- PROVIDES: Provides a safe, educationally sound classroom environment.
- HANDLES: Handles discipline promptly and in accordance with stated policy on discipline.
- PROVIDES: Provides for the physical well-being of this specific group of children, including breakfast, lunch, snack, toileting, rest, and playtime.
- ASSUMES: Assumes an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff, keeping classroom clean, neat, and orderly.
- ATTENDS: Attends all staff meetings and participates in recommended training programs, conferences, courses, and other aspects of professional growth.
- PLANS: Plans and implements methods of establishing a positive liaison with parents of the students.
- PLANS: Plans and implements an appropriate curriculum and activities for the group of children in classroom.
- WORKS: Works with and provides guidance and modeling for assistant teachers, teachers aides, and student workers/volunteers.
- HOLDS: Holds parent conferences when necessary.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, college level work in child development, or early childhood education is preferred.
- Must be eighteen years of age and in good physical health. Must have interest in working with young children and display qualities necessary in working with them. Must be sensitive and mature individual who is able to relate well to both children and adults. Eight (8) hours pre-service training in child cared preferred. Though not a requirement, applicants with experience in working with children will be sought and given priority in selections.
Knowledge and Skills
-Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Licensing/Professional Certifications: Ability to obtain Child Development Associate within eight (8) months of hire OR must have a minimum of 12 hours of Early Childhood Education (ECE) college credit (must provide documentation of college credit with an official transcript).
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.