Clinical Instructor Curriculum & Instruction
Job location: Commerce TAMUC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-07
Job TitleClinical Instructor Curriculum & InstructionAgencyTexas A&M University - CommerceDepartmentCurriculum And InstructionProposed Minimum SalaryCommensurateJob LocationCommerce, TexasJob TypeFacultyJob Description
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction is seeking a Clinical Instructor. Qualified candidates must have earned a master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Reading, Bilingual Education, Secondary Education, Elementary Education, or Curriculum & Instruction. The position will begin in the Spring 2021 semester and will include teaching, advising and additional duties in Corsicana, main campus, the Mesquite Metroplex campus, Collin Higher Education Center (CHEC) in McKinney, online and/or other locations. Candidates must demonstrate a record of (or potential for) teaching in higher education, service scholarship and a desire for continuous learning.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- advising and teaching undergraduate students;
- team teaching field-based courses;
- teaching undergraduate courses;
- serving as a liaison and field supervisor to observe and mentor students in field-based settings;
- working collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement department programs and Student Learning Outcome Assessments;
- working with public school partners and community colleges on collaborative projects and mutual goals;
- providing professional development and mentor teacher training;
- providing continuous service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- commitment to learning and stay current with research, best practices in teaching, technology applications in the classroom, and online teaching.
- Education: Earned master’s degree in Early Childhood Education, Reading, Bilingual Education, Secondary Education, Elementary Education or Curriculum & Instruction with a minimum of 18 master’s level hours in one of the aforementioned areas, not a combination thereof.
- Experience/Knowledge/Skills: A minimum of 3 years PK-12 public school classroom teaching experience.
- Licensing/Professional Certification: Current Teacher Certification
- Preferred Licensing/Professional Certification: Texas K-6 Generalist, Middle Level or Secondary Teacher Certification with Reading, ECE, Bilingual, specialization or endorsement.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals.
Preferred Experience: University level teaching experience in teacher education; field-based teacher education programs; familiarity with edTPA; prior experience teaching bilingual, early childhood, or reading courses in higher education, and online teaching.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.