Small Business Development Center Business Analyst
JOB SUMMARY: Provide business analysis, counseling, and training to small business owners and managers. Serve as a resource for businesses and assist in identifying opportunities for seminars and workshop.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The incumbent will:
- Meet with small business owners and prospective owners who are Small Business Development Center clients; use interview and counseling techniques to gather information about business operations.
- Conduct independent research to supplement information gathered directly from SBDC clients; analyze information gathered to formulate specific recommendations which would enhance the success of client's businesses; prepare written summaries of information, analysis and recommended actions.
- Conduct training and assist in the development, promotion, and presentation of workshops. Develop assessments and alternative recommended actions to client businesses. Track progress of clients in making progress toward agreed upon goals for business counseling undertaken.
- Market and promote SBDC services to the community. Follow Policies and Procedures for SBDC, Arizona SBDC Network, and host institution/organization.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree
EXPERIENCE: Two years (2) business administration, training, accounting, and/or related experience, of which includes one (1) year as a business owner.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform this job include, but are not limited to the following:
- Knowledge and skill in various word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, and associated hardware, e.g. personal computers.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks according to plans and deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a pivotal team member.
- Skill in gathering, compiling, and presenting information in oral and/or written form.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with staff, community leaders, faculty, students, and the public. Skill working in a diverse multi-ethnic, multi-cultural population.
- Ability to analyze situations, develop solutions, and make independent decisions based on established guidelines.
SALARY: $45,095.00 - $47,801.00 (Dependent upon Qualifications)
Open until Filled: First Review Thursday, October 22, 2020
APPLICATION INFORMATION: The application packet should consist of:
- Letter of interest
- Current resume
- Unofficial copies of transcripts reflecting the required degree or course work.
To apply go to www.centralaz.edu/jobs. Travel costs due to interview are the responsibility of the applicant.
Applications not accompanied with the required transcripts will not be considered.
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
Faxed application materials will not be accepted.
Background Verification: As a condition of employment, all candidates accepting an offer of employment for a full-time, part- time, temporary, student worker, or volunteer position, will be required to undergo a Background Verification. The check will be conducted by third party agent, General Information Services (GIS) Inc. Employment with Central Arizona College is contingent upon the successful completion of the background verification. The college does not accept responsibility for information errors reported by GIS during the background process. The level the background verification for this position is: Standard level.
The Talent Development Department is located in main administration building, H Building, Suite 131 on the Signal Peak Campus at 8470 North Overfield Road, Coolidge, Arizona 85128. Office hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.