Job Number: 86475
The Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, in the Stanford University Department of Medicine, is seeking a highly organized and professional Executive Administrator (Administrative Associate 4) with exceptional customer service skills to join our team. The division is a dynamic and innovative center dedicated to excellence in research, medical education, and clinical care. Our division is driven by over 80 faculty, clinician educators, and instructors who are the pillar of strength in the Division's ongoing efforts into the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease. This position will provide direct administrative support to the Division Chief and Division Manager and report to the Division Manager. The successful candidate will bring impressive experience in high level executive support, follow through, and ownership of projects and tasks.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature. Specific examples include working with the credentialing office to ensure that a faculty member is credentialed and privileged on time to avoid any disruption in patient care. Also includes bringing Visiting Observers on board and managing the entire process with external entities/departments such as the Hospital and the Bechtel Center when visas are required.
- Research and/or write background information for meetings. Participate in meetings on supervisor's behalf, inform after the fact.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing event within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial research editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) without prior consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems. Make recommendations based on reports.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate complex office moves. Plan and coordinate routine remodeling and renovations. Such as reviewing available space in the Division and coordinating office moves and/or renovations or reconfigurations with the facilities office.
- Analyze and review material and extract pertinent information for briefing purposes.
- Positions at this level also include one or more of the following duties:
- In conjunction with financial lead and/or principal investigator, assist with sponsored project research proposal submissions and post award administration.
- Responsible for leading the administrative functions of a program or unit.
- Perform human resources transactional support and/or faculty affairs support; coordinate or manage the visa process.
- Serve as building coordinator.
- Oversee or supervise day-to-day work of other administrative or support staff, student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality, timeliness, and providing performance review input.
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Four years of experience as an Executive Assistant or Director-level support.
- Knowledge of Stanford's financial systems and web applications.
- Desire to work in an academic environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- High school diploma and six years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Proven success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Retrieve medium to large catering orders.
- Setup and cleanup medium to large events, including seating, table arrangement, and decorations.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, https://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 8816
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: P03
- Requisition ID: 86475
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency