Ethics and Compliance Program Manager
Ethics and Compliance Program Manager
Job Number: 87471
Job Title: Ethics and Compliance Program Manager
Job Code: 4123
Job Purpose: Manage complex Ethics and Compliance program functions in consultation with senior leadership.
About the Role:
This position is based at the Stanford Redwood City site.
Stanford has a strong history of cultivating a rich ethics and compliance culture. We are currently searching for an Ethics and Compliance Program Manager to help evolve the Stanford's Ethics and Compliance Program. The Ethics and Compliance Program has a broad impact in providing direction and guidance for establishing and maintaining effective ethics and compliance activities by exercising oversight and coordinating efforts to advise, partner, and engage the university. The role requires strong collaboration across a number of central and distributed units and with many levels of the University's management, utilizing best practice techniques and methodologies.
What You'll Do:
- Lead strategic planning and analysis for Stanford's centralized ethics and compliance program with support from senior leadership. May provide development of program or function from initial concept to implementation.
- Manage the administration and evaluation of Ethics and Compliance Program functions.
- Assess University ethics and compliance activities and address the adequacy and effectiveness of related policies, systems, processes, and controls.
- Create systems to track and analyze data in order to assess and mitigate risks.
- Create and maintain policies, procedures and guidelines, and lead projects that ensure Stanford's ongoing compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Develop training, communications and outreach in order to promote a culture of ethics and compliance messaging across Stanford.
- Monitor current ethics and compliance trends, legislation and activities, contribute to implementing best practices.
- Support management of ethics and compliance helpline, including intake, case management, data-tracking, analysis and reporting.
- Provide support to investigations team.
- Recommend and prepare materials for board and senior management meetings.
- Administer aspects of OCRO and Office of Ethics and Compliance, including recommendations for the Annual Plan and preparation of the Activities Report for the Board Audit Committee. Prepare staff meeting presentations, on-boarding and retreat activities.
- Perform outreach across the University to introduce the program area to the Stanford community; establish and maintain long-term relationships and become a valued partner and advisor that is viewed as a subject matter resource for ethics and compliance expertise.
- Other relevant duties may be assigned.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to compile, understand, consolidate, and synthesize diverse sources of data in order to identify and deeply understand relevant information/issues.
- Experience with tools/systems that support major compliance areas such as: basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite (especially PowerPoint), case management systems, Tableau, data analytic tools and Excel.
- Experience using and applying process improvement best practices/techniques.
- Demonstrate professionalism, discretion and judgment through sound decision-making to obtain solutions through collaborative efforts with a wide-variety of offices and departments throughout the university.
- Highly effective written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to address a wide variety of sophisticated audiences.
- Ability to influence others, teamwork and collaboration, conflict resolution, intercultural aptitude and adaptability and flexibility.
- Familiarity with Stanford environment and culture is preferred.
- Occasionally work evenings and weekends.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4123
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: K
- Requisition ID: 87471
Location: Business Affairs, Redwood City, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency