Director for Corporate & Employer Engagement
Posting DetailsJob TitleDirector for Corporate & Employer EngagementUnion LevelDepartmentCareer Services CampusStocktonPosting Number201302170PFull or Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Months12Work Schedule
Work performed during standard business hours, additional work hours outside business hours maybe required to meet business needs. Some travel required including attending related conference and in developing partnerships with employers.Position End DateOpen Date10/07/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
For first consideration please apply on or before October 28, 2020.Primary Purpose
Reporting to the Associate VP for Career Development, the Director for Corporate and Employer Engagement (CEE) is responsible for leading all Career Services initiatives with regard to recruiting diverse, top tier employers to hire and provide internship opportunities for University of the Pacific students. This position also supports expanding efforts to connect current students with alumni in the context to life as a stewardship and work as a vocation. This position directly supervises a team of 4 professionals who make up the Career Services’ Employer Engagement Team. This individual will play an important role in the department’s expanding partnership with University Advancement in securing employer and corporate funding. Additionally, this individual is a member of the department’s Leadership Team and as such will be required to routinely provide strategic insight in support of operational objectives and approved KPI’s.Essential Functions
1.Assesses, executes, and oversees a comprehensive employer engagement strategy for the institution consistent with approved operational KPI’s and 5-year strategic plan.
2.Supervises and provide strategic direction for a team of 4 employer engagement team specialists who are located on different parts of the Stockton campus.
3.Proposes and reviews existing strategies and objectives to generate new long-term plans based on employer market trends and best practices.
4.Oversees the department’s “Employer 2.0 Satisfaction” initiative .
5.Directly supports the department’s rapidly expanding partnership efforts with University Advancement to ultimately secure funding from employers, corporations, and individuals to support student career development at Pacific.
6.Leads 2 annual university-wide career and internship fairs accounting for a combined 200 employer organizations and 800-1,000 student participants.
7.Promotes the benefits of Pacific’s liberal arts education and the application of that education toward the development of top talent to prospective employers in writing and spoken communications.
8.Leads all employer engagement efforts within Career Services to most effectively coordinate on and off-campus activity via: Employer site visits; On Campus recruiting; Employer information sessions; Mock interview programming.
9.Evaluates internship and employment requirements to determine congruency with Pacific’s policies.
10.Employs strategies including cold calling, professional association membership, direct referrals, and cross-industry marketing to increase employer interest and participation.
11.Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
•Minimum of five (5) years directly relevant experience required.
Skills/Knowledge and Expertise:
•Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
•Strong organizational and analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to set priorities and take initiative.
•Strong understanding of and ability to effectively assesses employer/market trends.
•Self-motivation to manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously.
•Ability to work collegially with a diverse group of faculty, staff, administrators, and employers on a daily basis.
•Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Work performed during standard business hours, additional work hours outside business hours maybe required to meet business needs. Some travel required including attending related conference and in developing partnerships with employers.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring RangeCommensurate with experience, exemptBackground Check Statement
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience?
- * Do you have at least five (5) years of directly relevant experience?
- * Pacific participates in federal healthcare programs. As such, a required part of the hiring process is to verify that potential employees have not been excluded from participating in federal programs for mandatory exclusions (including for fraud, controlled substances crimes, patient abuse or neglect, or other program-related crimes) or for other permissive exclusions by the Office of Inspector General. A "Yes" response would be considered disqualifying. Please answer the following question accordingly: Are you currently excluded from participation in federal programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal healthcare program)?
- * Pacific participates in federal healthcare programs. As such, a required part of the hiring process is to verify that potential employees have not been excluded from participating in federal programs for mandatory exclusions (including for fraud, controlled substances crimes, patient abuse or neglect, or other program-related crimes) or for other permissive exclusions by the Office of Inspector General. A "Yes" response would be considered disqualifying. Please answer the following question accordingly: Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from any federal programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal healthcare program)?
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document