Adjunct Instructor- IT Database
We are accepting applications for individuals who meet our minimum qualifications and who can provide instruction within the area of Business Information Technology, specifically database.
This is not a remote teaching position. Candidates must be able to teach on campus at WCTC.
Under the direct supervision of the Associate Dean/Instructional Manager, the instructor is responsible for providing instruction to students within the assigned and approved instructional delivery system and in accordance with the mission, goals, policies and procedures of the District. The instructor is responsible for providing an active learning environment to enable students to demonstrate course competencies, and creating a student learning centered environment that places learning at the center of educational experiences. The subjects matter expert will have three years of industry experience in SQL Server Database Administration, SQL Development Data Analysis, Data Visualization/Reporting, Data Warehousing, Data Analysis, and Data Modeling.Minimum Qualifications
Requirements may vary according to the instructional area and position.
1. Degree in Information Systems or Information Technology or the related field. A Master's degree in the Information Systems or Information Technology would be accepted as well.
2. Three years of directly related occupational experience for occupational subject instructors. Two years of occupational experience must be within the last five years.
4. Previous teaching experience is desirable.
5. Appropriate technical/occupational licensure where applicable.
6. Industry certifications would be helpful, but not required.
Qualified candidates will have three or more years direct experience in one or more of the following data-related disciplines:
- SQL Server Database Administration - SQL Server 2016 or newer, HA/DR configurations, performance troubleshooting
- SQL Development – SQL Server stored procedures, triggers, database design; system integration with SQL
- Data Visualization/Reporting – SSRS, Power BI, Excel
- Data Warehousing – Dimensional modeling (Kimball), SSIS, SSAS Tabular
- Data Analysis – Excel, Python, Tableau
- Data Modeling – Conceptual/semantic models, logical models, physical models, dimensional models