Student Employee - Child Development Center
Assist in the classrooms for children ages six weeks to 8 years of age with daily care routines and assistance with age appropriate lessons and activities aligned with early childhood education best practice, DCF state licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
- Assist staff with classroom activities and lesson plans aligned with DCF state regulated licensing rules.
- Maintain orderliness, and sanitation practices as mandated by state licensing regulations.
- Observe and learn the process for proper documentation, and communication with parents about child's progress as performed by Senior Early Childhood Associate.
- Maintain current professional and technical knowledge in the field through professional education and activities. Stay abreast of trends within the field.
-Must be enrolled as a current WCTC student
-Must have a minimum of 6 credits
-Must successfully pass criminal background check (cash handling and childcare positions only)
Desired Start Date: Immediately
This position is twenty hours per week, Monday - Friday, with varying hours of work depending on need and enrollment.
If you have any questions, contact Angela Todd at [email protected]
Application materials include:
* OIS Financial Aid Award Notification
* Cover letter (letter should state why you want this position)
* Class Schedule
Student employees are not benefit eligible.
For a detailed description of responsibilities, cut and paste this hyperlink in your browser: