Family Nurse Practitioner / Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice Track
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical CampusCollege of NursingPosition Title: Family Nurse Practitioner / Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice TrackPosition # - 00008062Position location: Campus Health Center – Anschutz Medical CampusThe University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The College of Nursing has an opening for a part-time Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) / Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice Track within its Campus Health Center (CHC) at the Anschutz Medical Campus. This position is clinic based as a health care provider, 40 hours per week (0.60 FTE), and is hired at the level of an Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice Track within the College of Nursing.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.Nature of Work:The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) / Instructor in the Non-Tenure Clinical Practice Track for a part-time (0.60 FTE) benefits-eligible position at The Campus Health Center located on the Anschutz Medical Campus on the second floor of the Anschutz Health and Wellness Center. The clinic hours are 8 am – 5 pm Monday- Friday, closed 1 pm – 2 pm for lunch. Hours for this position are Monday, Wednesday, Friday from 8 am- 5 pm with lunch from 1 pm- 2 pm. There is potential to increase FTE correlating to patient volume. This FNP position will provide integrated primary care at for adult students and faculty/staff who work/study on Anschutz Medical Campus. The College of Nursing operates a community primary care clinic off campus, Belleview Point, and this position will cross-train to provide vacation coverage at that clinic as needed. Clinic Description: The Campus Health Center (CHC), with health care delivered from varied health disciplines through CU Health Partners, is designed to meet convenient care needs of anyone who works or studies on campus. CHC accepts most patient insurances and is a full spectrum primary care practice. The CHC strives to enhance multi-disciplinary care experience for students by providing a spectrum of physical and mental health care in an integrated care model, thereby exposing future scientists, health professionals and public health practitioners to seamless and coordinated systems of care.Supervision Received:Work is performed under the general direction and authority of the Clinical Director.Supervision Exercised:Student supervision is required during clinical placements.Examples of Work Performed:
- Serves as primary care provider for the clinic’s patient populationPerforms accurate physical examinations, evaluations, diagnoses, treatments, follow-up, and consultation.Coordinates the activities of patient careParticipates in after-hours callObtains patient history and develops comprehensive plan of careProvides health education to patients, students, families, and/or community health practitioners and groupsProvides leadership in design and implementation of integrated, interprofessional models of care delivery and evaluation of patient outcomesParticipates in programmatic planning, developing specific evidence-based health policies and proceduresPractices safety, environmental, and infection control methodsFunctions as a clinical preceptor and/or clinical instructor for health professions students.
- Provides individualized client teaching and counseling utilizing evidence based practice.
- Identifies deviations from normal and consults as needed.
- Completes necessary documentation in a timely fashion. Ensure strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures.Adept at Electronic Health Record (EHR) usage, troubleshooting, improvement processes, and downtime procedures.Actively participates in marketing and patient recruitment to increase patient volume.
- Active participation in health plan contracts.
- Remains credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current.
- Utilizes acute awareness of regulatory compliance and suggests plans for improvement
- Follows clinical workflow processes and engages team in quality improvement activities
- Participates in clinical peer review process
- Participates in selection of additional providers and staff
- Conducts routine chart audits as required
- Attend Clinic, College of Nursing, and Clinical and Community Affairs meetings, as needed
- Serve as liaison between clinic and patients, collaborating physicians, community members, and others as needed
- Back-up assistance to front and back office assistants, as required. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be willing and able to obtain Colorado RN and APRN licenses by date of hire.
- Must be willing and able to obtain Colorado RxN license by date of hire.
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid NPI number by date of hire
- Must be willing and able to obtain valid Colorado Medicaid Provider number by date of hire
- Must be willing and able to complete CAQH by date of hire
- Must be willing and able to obtain current BLS/CPR certification by date of hire.
- Must be willing and able to actively participation in health plan contracts.
- Must be willing and able to remain credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current.
- Must be willing and able to work in a normal patient care environment with some exposure to biological hazards and infectious diseases.
- Must be willing and able to work daily from 8-5 pm M-F with one-hour lunch break.
- Must be willing and able to take one week-at-a-time on-call in a rotation schedule.
- Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities is necessary to monitor and respond to changes in a client’s condition.
- Ability to use computer and clinic software, and to document in EHR, ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with patients, their families, and other members of the health care team
- Excellent knowledge of and ability to perform clinical teaching
- Attention to details.
- Ability to remain credentialed by the health plans and ensure credentialing materials stay current. Ability to effectively develop and promote practice through participation in marketing and patient recruitment
- Ability to take one week-at-a-time on-call in a rotation schedule.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to handle average nurse practitioner caseload.
- Graduate degree from an accredited school of nursing
- Current Board certification as an FNP
- Current RN and APRN licensures in good standing (any state)
- Could be working toward CO clinical licenses during application process and registered with DORA-Department of Regulatory Agencies. Must have CO licensures by date of hire.
- Clinical experience in a family primary care location
- Clinical experience in a student health center
- Prior experience working in an academic setting
- Two years’ Advance Practice experience
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 7, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing