Director, TRIO SSS
The Federal TRIO Student Support Services Program serves low income, first generation, and disabled college students. The TRIO Department works in collaboration with the departments including Enrollment Services, Financial Aid, Counseling, Advising, Multicultural Student Success, Student Disability Services, The Learning Enhancement Center and The Writing Center.
The Student Support Services Director provides leadership and vision for implementing the objectives of the Student Support Services at The University of Toledo. General responsibilities include supervision and staff development, administration of program services, data and records, reporting, and submission of required Department of Education annual data and reports.
This position prepares and submits local and federal reports in a timely manner; administer program funds within sound fiscal parameters; establish performance benchmark and monitor compliance; coordinate with appropriate institutional departments for effective delivery of services; supervise and evaluate program staff; recruit and select program participants; evaluate and develop improvement plans for program staff and services; ensure compliance with college, state, and federal laws, policies and regulations; utilize data management system manage program and student information; understand the need, life issue and concern of program participants; manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines; serve on college committees.
Qualifications/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Master’s degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling Business Administration or a related field; along with two years of progressively responsible teaching, counseling or advising experience in a post-secondary setting including working with students who are first-generation, low-income and/or students with disabilities.
- Demonstrated familiarity with laws and regulations regarding student information, including FERPA.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an administrative capacity with responsibility for supervising staff, project management, budgeting, and assessment.
- Experience with TRIO federal grant oversight, design, management, and implementation.
- Knowledge of admissions policies, graduation requirements, financial aid systems, and career and learning assessments.
- Knowledge of and experience implementing and assessing effective practices supporting student retention and tracking student outcomes.
- Doctorate degree in Higher Education, College Student Personnel, Counseling Business Administration or a related field.
- Two years of experience working with SSS or other TRIO programs.
- Ability to develop campus and community partnerships in order to provide additional resources for students.
- Preference given to personnel who have succeeded in overcoming barriers similar to those of the target population and with experience in TRIO.
- Grant writing skills and an ability to adhere to federal, foundational and university policies and procedures.
- Experience with Banner, Blumen data management software, and/or other data management software.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop productive working relationships with faculty, campus officials, staff, community members, and students.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.