Research Safety Specialist
DescriptionThe University Research Services and Administration (URSA) division is Georgia State University's research support resource for all grants and contracts activities, compliance and laboratory safety. The Research Integrity Department is seeking to hire a skilled and talented Research Safety Specialist. Under general supervision the scope of responsibility will include these essential duties but is not limited to the following,
- Assists in universal waste storage and mechanical room inspections; pickups for chemical wastes, regulated medical wastes and universal wastes; ensure proper labeling, storage, shipment and disposal of regulated wastes; and inspection of under and above ground storage tanks
- Assists in responding to generators' regulatory inquiries, incidents, emergencies, and site cleanups.
- Assists with hazardous waste disposal with contractors and ordering supplies from vendors
- Prepares monthly generator and activity reports; attends meetings, trainings, and conferences
- Assists in performing EPA RCRA-mandated hazardous waste reduction
- Assist in implements universal waste training and compliance programs related to the University's Hazardous Waste Program
- Assists with annual certification of safety and emergency response equipment
- Perform other professional duties as assigned
QualificationsBachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biology, Public Health or a related field and one year of related experience. Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal protective equipment.
College/Business Unit11/01/20, 11:59:00 PM
College/Business Unit: Research & Sponsored Programs
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/07/20, 7:08:59 AM