Mathematics Learning Support Specialist - Center for Student Success and Retention (Title III F...
Posting DetailsClassification TitlePosition CategoryWorking TitleMathematics Learning Support Specialist - Center for Student Success and Retention (Title III Funded)Job Summary
Savannah State University seeks qualified applicants for Mathematics Learning Support Specialist. Reporting to the Executive Director for Student Success and Retention, the Learning Support Specialist will be responsible for implementing individualized academic support for students at-risk (based upon admissions requirements) that is aligned with the Board of Regents policy and procedures to meet learning needs and assist students with developing a roadmap for academic success.
- Diagnosing and working with students individually and in small groups to provide diagnostic analysis, referrals and feedback on enrichment/support programs to meet student needs.
- Providing ongoing, personalized advising, as part of a university-wide intervention to improve undergraduate students’ academic success, measured by retention and on-time graduation.
- Employing assessment tools and data that supports student achievement and success.
- Serving as a liaison with faculty and
staff to create, implement and monitor relevant resources available for student enrichment and support.
- Providing workshops on effective learning strategies and skill development for math.
- Analyzing individual student’s learning needs through admission requirements (SAT/ACT/Freshman Index). Based
on assessment, recommend specific learning support courses, including tutoring when appropriate.
- Promoting student learning by providing skill assessment and a variety of learning strategies and services to enhance students’ learning skill development and outcomes.
- Assisting students in adhering to core curriculum and learning support requirements, selecting and scheduling courses and reviewing academic progress for on-time graduation.
- Working collaboratively with other departments to ensure that related goals and objectives are met and that services are provided to enhance learning support to respond effectively to students’ learning needs.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate student records while ensuring the privacy of said records in accordance with FERPA.
- Maintaining a data collection system that aligns with departmental requirements and facilitates effective program evaluation.
- Assisting the Executive Director with data analysis to determine effectiveness of service in supporting students’ learning goals/outcomes and identify strategies to enhance efforts and strengthen outcomes.
- Actively participate in professional development activities. In addition to university-sponsored activities, maintain
professional development in learning support strategies, technologies and best practices.
The successful candidate may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically delineated in this description and includes working some nights and weekends during the academic terms. The salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education (International degrees must be accompanied by a U.S.
equivalency report of degree credentials).
- Minimum of three years related experience.
- Familiarity with college student development and post-secondary learning support strategies, policies and
- Experience with performance and data assessment.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Commitment to the goals and mission of an access college.
- Desire and ability to assist students and establish rapport with faculty and administration.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess a high level of organizational skills and be able to work collaboratively in a team.
- Must posses excellent customer service skills, pay attention to detail and demonstrate a commitment to continuous professional growth in skills and knowledge.
- Background and/or credit check may be required.
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online; https://jobs.savannahstate.edu. Submit cover letter, resume, graduate transcripts and three current letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin immediately. To ensure consideration, please submit application by October 23, 2020.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have a Master's degree from an accredited institution of higher education?
- * Do you have a minimum of three years of related experience?
- * Do you have experience with college student development and post-secondary learning support strategies?
- * Do you have experience with performance and data assessment?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2