Assessment Specialist (Title III Funded)
Posting DetailsClassification TitlePosition CategoryWorking TitleAssessment Specialist (Title III Funded)Job Summary
Savannah State University seeks qualified applicants for an Assessment Specialist in the College of Education. Reporting to the Dean, this position develops, maintains and monitors assessment documentation and data required by Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC), University System of Georgia (USG), Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and SSU’s Office of Institutional Research and Planning (IRPA). The Assessment Specialist develops required reports using various internal and external data management and analytics systems to report teacher candidate and preparation data on a continuous basis to the GaPSC and the Department of Education – Title III. Additional duties include:
- Serving as the primary account holder for various databases such as Campus Labs, Chalk and Wire and ETS for the purpose of institutional, state and federal reporting of assessment data and accreditation.
- Monitoring student progress through GaPSC required milestones and schedules Education Peer Tutors to work with students based on readiness for Georgia Assessments for the Certification of Educators (GACE).
- Working with first year education students, serving as the certification officer and providing support to faculty on assessment.
- Providing assistance to the Title III Activity Director with budget and purchases.
- Ensuring the quality assurance system is functional and following established timelines.
- Overseeing student placement records and inputting data.
- Assisting students with developing MYPSC accounts.
- Analyzing data to evaluate the effectiveness of the educational programs.
- Collecting and analyzing student data and constructing reports.
The successful candidate may be directed to perform job related tasks other than those specifically delineated in this description. The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge/experience with teacher preparation requirements.
- Experience with data management systems such as Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES) and Teacher Preparation Program Effectiveness Measure (TPPEM).
- Experience with site reviews as well as knowledge of teacher accreditation and internal/external requirements of USG and SACSCOC.
- Knowledge of Campus Labs, Chalk & Wire, EAB Navigate, D2L and related software.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks to completion by deadlines.
- Must have excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to communicate responsively and timely, working well with team members.
- Background and/or credit check may be required.
Savannah State University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative-Action Institution committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status. Georgia is an Open Records State.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
Your application is not considered complete until all required documents have been uploaded to the appropriate section.
Complete application online https://jobs.savannahstate.edu; submit cover letter, current resume, transcript(s), and three current letters of reference.
Review of applications will begin immediately. To ensure consideration, please submit application by October 23, 2020.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Savannah State University Website
- Savannah State University Employee
- * Do you have a Master's degree?
- * Do you have knowledge and/or experience with teacher preparation requirements?
- * Do you have experience with/knowledge of Campus Labs, Chalk & Wire, EAB Navigate, D2L and relatedsoftware?
- * Do you have experience with data management systems such as Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES) and Teacher Preparation Program Effectiveness Measure (TPPEM)?
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1
- Letter of Reference 2
- Letter of Reference 3
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2