Job no: 514580
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:04011200 - SA-MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Communications SpecialistJob Description:
The Communications Specialist aides the overall development of communications within the Division of Student Affairs (DSA). Duties include helping to develop written communication for fundraising, publications, executive correspondence, and campaigns.
- Responsible for the creation and coordination of messages and communications using the power of words to implement effective communication materials and campaigns across varying platforms including but not limited to digital newsletters, print publications, in-person speeches, social media and websites.
- Assist in establishing and upholding branding messages.
- Regularly communicate to students, staff, alumni and community stakeholders through electronic and print media, including websites, annual reports, social media, and newsletters.
- Create and proof written materials, including marketing campaigns, press releases, brochure content, content for graphic design initiatives, social media content, and web content.
- Manages the content of various communication media. Conducts final review and approval before communications are released.
- Conducts interviews and collects information from various sources and prepares into written format.
- Sets and maintains project management standards and creates timelines for completion of projects.
- Scheduling and distributing of projects
- Edits materials for grammar and graphic clarity.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all work.
- Writes internal and external executive briefs, speeches and assists with developing presentations for multi-channel dissemination.
- Responds to media inquiries and coordinate interviews.
- Helps manage relationships with the media in promoting Student Affairs programs.
- Identify and execute tactics for reaching different populations using various communication strategies.
- Perform other related functions as directed by supervisor including develop reports, handling special projects, and other duties as assigned.
$45,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and one year of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrate proficiency in social media platforms
- Demonstrate proficiency in various writing styles including news releases, articles, and executive communications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in operational concepts of marketing creative services and public relations
- Communication skills (verbal and written); demonstrated high proficiency and excellence in writing and editing
- AP Style
- Demonstrate planning and organization skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Familiar with Microsoft and Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Ability to meet deadline with fast turnaround
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-cultural environment
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume. Portfolio and writing samples are required.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position has been reposted. Previous applicants are still under consideration and need not reapply.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 07 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time