Student Affairs Program Coordinator
Job no: 514745
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Student Affairs/Services
Department:04050000 - SA-DEAN OF STUDENTS
Student Affairs Program CoordinatorJob Description:
The Student Affairs Program Coordinator (working title Assistant Director for CARE) reports directly to the Assistant Dean of Students who is responsible for the Dean of Students Office Care Area. The Assistant Director is (1) a non-clinical case manager who helps students overcome challenges that may impact their personal and academic success at the University of Florida including supporting students experiencing crisis/mental health issues and/or going through the medical withdrawal process, with a focus on prioritizing issues and coordinating UF and community resources in order to maximize student success (includes significant work with families, faculty, staff, and other affected individuals.
- Oversee operations of the Hitchcock Field and Fork Pantry. This will include soliciting and organizing food drives; maintaining a database of food drive contact for departments, buildings, student organizations, and other campus entities; organize pantry volunteers; maintain a database of pantry volunteers, prepare weekly and monthly reports regarding food drive collections and pantry and closet usage; prepare and submit required monthly reports of Bread of the Mighty Food Bank mand similar; supervise student employees who work in The Pantry; supervise the Pantry Americorps Vista; monitor inventory in order to make targeted food and clothing drive requests based on current needs and to obtain needed food.
- Oversee operations of the Collegiate Veterans Success Center. This will include developing relationships with campus and community partners and potential donors to benefit the students served by the CVSC; maintaining a database of donors to CVSC; prepare reports as needed regarding CVSC usage; supervise CVSC student employees; supervise the CVSC Americorps Vista; supervise student employees who work in The Pantry; and collaborate with the VetSuccess on Campus Counselor based at the CVSC.
- Assists in ensuring that the goals and objectives for the Dean of Students Office and the university are communicated and achieved. Works with campus and community partners to educate community about food insecurity. This may include performing duties beyond the scope of the primary responsibilities. Provides outreach to UF students who are referred to or brought to the attention of the Dean of Students Office by concerned faculty, staff, family members, fellow students, or other community members. Responds to student problems and provide emergency assistance to students, parents, faculty, and others in crisis situations as part on an on-call rotation for responding to [email protected] and as an on-call “Emergency Dean.”
- Serve on other university, division, and/or department committees and develop liaison relationships with various university offices and departments
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experiencePreferred Qualifications:
- Masters in student affairs, higher education, social work, counseling or related field.
- Three to five years of experience in higher education providing direction or supervision to student groups or organizations and/or supervising volunteers in an university or non-profit setting with evidence of successfully working with students, their parents/families, faculty, and staff and a demonstrated proactive, collaborative, timely, effective, and compassionate work style.
- Evidence of successfully working with students, their parents/families, faculty, and staff.
- A demonstrated proactive, collaborative, timely, effective, and compassionate work style.
Application must submit resume and cover letter by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 07 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time