Administrative Support Assistant II - NeuroCritical Care
Job no: 514803
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29181000 - MD-NEURO-NEUROCRITICAL CARE
Administrative Support AST IIJob Description:
The Department of Neurology in College of Medicine is currently recruiting for an Administrative Support Assistant II to provide administrative support to the faculty of the Neurocritical Care Division. This is a highly complex position which requires that the individual perform a broad range of administrative duties in a fast-paced division with the utmost professionalism.
- Provides administrative support to the NICU Division Chief, all faculty in the NICU Division, and various other Shands staff/faculty as needed. Assists with confidential and routine correspondence, evaluations, reports, and emails. Manages faculty calendars, including determination of priorities for all regularly-scheduled and unique meetings and appointments. Maintains confidential and chronological files, both hard copy and electronic. Works with other departmental and hospital staff to convey and maintain inpatient call schedules. Compiles minutes from monthly division meetings for disbursement to divisional faculty and staff. Supports annual divisional training course ENLS (Emergency Neurological Life Support).
- Provides general office support including coverage of main phone lines, mail delivery, and support of other staff as determined by workload such as guest itineraries, meeting scheduling. Directs patient calls as needed to the Patient Access Center and works with faculty on direct peer to peer calls regarding patients for all divisions.
- Arranges travel and accommodations and complete reimbursement vouchers for faculty. This includes arranging travel, lodging and itineraries for candidates and arranging committee meetings as needed.
- As needed, support, coordinate or supervise activities related to faculty searches, dignitaries, VIPs, selected invited guest speakers, departmental development, alumni and social events, to include arrangements for catering, invitations, etc.
$15-$17 per hour; commensurate education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
The incumbent should consistently demonstrate personal initiative: display interest in the overall well-being of the department; take initiative to assist whenever possible in the success of the department.
Must present a professional demeanor and attitude, maintain a high level of confidentiality related to sensitive materials and issues and exercise independent and prudent judgment when completing the tasks and responsibilities associated with duties.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Ability to compose own correspondence and edit/proofread that of others
- Capable of working under pressure and producing within deadlines
- Ability to prioritize own work and proceed with minimum supervision
- Ability to maintain a professional approach at all times
- Maintain positive and productive business relationships within the University of Florida organization
and with its cohorts
- Works independently and as a team member
- Demonstrate ease with learning new programs
- Maintains strict confidentiality at all times
-Interacts professionally with the public in a sensitive and professional manner; screens requests and materials effectively and efficiently; and readily handles a variety of situations
- Articulate; has a good command of the English language. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Punctual; maintains an excellent attendance record
- Highly organized
- Consistently demonstrates personal initiative
- Takes initiative to assist whenever possible in the success of the institution
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of 3 professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 07 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 20 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time