Agriculture and Natural Resource Agent - Dallas and Perry Counties
Posting Date: October 7, 2020 Posting End Date: December 7, 2020
Position: Agriculture and Natural Resource Agent - Dallas and Perry Counties
Location: College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences/TUCEP
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Agent will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the University’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position seeks a highly-qualified candidate. The Agent will oversee all of the duties of providing direct assistance to county clientele in all of the counties within the service region of TUCEP designated for programming in Sustainable Agriculture, Natural Resource Conservation, and Food Systems Safety and Youth Development related to this area. Additionally, this position will assist other agents/resource specialists/interns in planning, implementing, and reporting their activities for TUCEP. This position is essential to the alignment of all programs delivered in all 20 plus counties served are aligned with accepted USDA outputs and outcomes, as well as other USDA designated regulations. Counties of responsibility will be Dallas and Perry. They will be housed in the Dallas County TUCEP office.
- Develop and prepare plans of work based on Tuskegee University Cooperative Extension Program Plan of Work
- Assisting in planning, monitoring, and evaluation of Extension and related programs in Sustainable Agriculture and Natural Resource Conservation
- Provide timely staff reports as required
- Establish and maintain a local Extension Advisory Council
- Participate in professional organizations and professional development courses and trainings
- Publicize on-going educational and public relations programs to inform organizations, agencies, and the general public of programs and activities
- Provide leadership directly to clientele by contacts, other agents, faculty, and agencies
- Cooperate with CAENS/Extension personnel to develop strong, integrated Extension programs.
- Serve as a productive, member of the TUCE Program and Staff Development Team
- Develop and submit grant proposals consistent with and in support of Extension's mission
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Extension Administrator or Associate Dean for Extension
- Bachelor of Science degree in agriculture, natural resources, or a closely related field with noted experience
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate and work within teams
- Must be able to teach effectively
- Master's degree in agriculture, natural resources, or closely related field (preferred)
Commensurate with education, training, and experience: Salary is contingent upon outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.