Director of Compliance and County Operations
Posting Date: October 7, 2020 Posting End Date: December 7, 2020
Position: Director of Compliance and County Operations
Location: College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences/TUCEP
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Director will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the University’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Director of Compliance (Civil Rights) and County Operations for CAENS. This Director will direct TUCE personnel in resource state and federal compliance, development, partnerships with state agencies, federal agencies, and private businesses and organizations/corporations. This position is essential to the alignment of all program evaluations, resulting data, with approved USDA outcomes across the entire service region.
- Provides oversight of civil rights and employment compliance relative to federal guidelines, including policy and implementation of statewide programs with desktop and on-site audits. Also, it develops reporting procedures to ensure compliance and measure accomplishments of Extension educational programs.
- Conducts on-site reviews and audits of county civil rights compliance.
- Conducts educational programs and diversity training.
- Organizes and conducts Extension New Employee Orientation twice annually.
- Provide leadership and assist faculty, directors, coordinators, and staff with resource development and management according to stakeholder expectations
- Assists in the design and coordination of professional development programs and diversity training across the state.
- Works to integrate Extension outcomes and Research objectives with Research leaders
- Assists in communicating impact with funding agencies and community partners
- Assists communities in the counties as requested
- Serves as a member of the TUCEP Leadership Team.
- Provides leadership in securing resources from County Commissions, State Partners, and State Businesses and Organizations related to the outcomes of TUCE
- Provides oversight on committees of Annual Conferences
- Participates in CAENS and other TUCEP activities
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- MS degree in related Agricultural, Environmental or Nutrition Sciences/Education or a closely related area
- Ten or more years of experience in Cooperative Extension or related area
- Demonstrated success in delivering community-based and/or science-based non-formal educational programs that reach diverse (racial, ethnic, limited resource, etc.) audiences and communities
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills in a team setting
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
- Demonstrated ability to communicate interdisciplinary and integrative programs
- Demonstrated leadership in assisting and mentoring Extension and Outreach staff
Commensurate with education, training, and experience: Salary is contingent upon outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.