Director of Extension Personnel Development and District Agent
Posting Date: October 7, 2020 Posting End Date: December 7, 2020
Position: Director of Extension Personnel Development and District Agent
Location: College of Agriculture, Environment and Nutrition Sciences/TUCEP
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
In keeping with the President’s commitment to Tuskegee University demonstrating “Excellence in Every Way”, the ideal Director will possess the willingness to use his or her expertise to assist in the University’s efforts to be a sustainable academic organization committed to excellence.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
This position seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of District Agent for CAENS. This District Agent will direct TUCE personnel in professional development, plan of work, and Agent accountability. As a CAENS employee, the District Agent will also be expected to conduct evaluations, particularly for staff, on an ongoing basis to enhance the overall impact of College programs. This position is essential to the alignment of all program evaluations, resulting data, with approved USDA outcomes across the entire service region.
- Provide leadership and assist faculty, directors, coordinators, and staff with program development and deployment in a consistent manner in multiple counties across multiple target audiences
- Work to integrate Extension outcomes and Research objectives with Research leaders
- Assist in non-formal education programs on various extension/research projects
- Assist extension/research professionals with the management of food system/community projects
- Assist limited resource communities in the counties as needed
- Provide oversight on committees of Annual Conferences
- Play a primary role in communication between TUCEP State Advisory Board and County Staff
- Provide general TUCE program oversight for compliance with NIFA guidelines
- Responsible for Statewide Personnel Training and Development, Professional Improvement Planning, and competency-based employment standards.
- Responsible for employment-related operations, including recruitment, screening of applicants, the employment process, payroll and related policy implementation, evaluation, and staff development.
- Provides oversight of Employee Performance Evaluation Systems, including training of Department Heads, Regional Staff, and County Directors in conducting effective performance appraisals. Develops reports and analyses of performance review scores.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- MS degree in related Agricultural, Environmental or Nutrition Sciences/Education or a closely related area
- Ten or more years of experience in Cooperative Extension
- Demonstrated success in delivering community-based and/or science-based non-formal educational programs that reach diverse (racial, ethnic, limited resource, etc.) audiences and communities
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills in a team setting
- Knowledge and skills to effectively interact with people from different cultural backgrounds, including those associated with race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and other aspects of human diversity
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate interdisciplinary and integrative programs
- Demonstrated leadership in assisting and mentoring Extension and Outreach staff
Commensurate with education, training, and experience: Salary is contingent upon outside funding.
**The statements contained in this job announcement reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. **
APPLICATIONS will be accepted in the Office of Human Resources. Each applicant, including all current/existing employees, must complete and submit a Tuskegee University employment application, resume/CV, a list of (3) to (5) references (with detailed contact information) and copies of unofficial transcripts (official transcript(s) will be required upon hire). Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications and submit a completed application packet in order to be considered for the position. The University reserves the right not to fill the position in the event of budgetary or operational constraints.
Office of Human Resources
1200 West Montgomery Road
101 Kresge Center
Tuskegee, Alabama 36088
Email Address: [email protected] Fax: 334-724-4319
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Male/Female/Veteran/Disabled
Federal law requires identity and employment eligibility verifications on Form I-9 within three (3) business days of employment.
Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.