Position Title:Athletics Director Position Number:10042339 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega Job Close Date:10/30/2020 General Summary:
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Athletics Director. This position will be responsible for coordinating the efforts of the Athletics Department that will provide full opportunity for all students to participate in a positive and respected intercollegiate athletic environment and to carry out policies of the University, NCAA and Peach Belt Conference.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development, management, direction and supervision of a thirteen intercollegiate athletics programs at the NCAA Division II level as well as the staff, coaches and more than 225 student-athletes.
- Responsible for continued development of rapport with the internal and external constituencies of the University.
- Fosters high standards of integrity, athletic excellence and academic success. Upholds the By-laws and regulations of the NCAA and Peach Belt Conference regulations.
- Provide visionary leadership, strategic planning and policy development for the athletics program.
- Responsible for the development, management, administration of all athletic, and foundation budgets.
- Coordinate and develop fund-raising efforts in conjunction with the UNG Foundation and Athletics Development Officer.
- Manage, plan, and develop athletic facilities appropriate to the mission of the University.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by the President.
- Experience and knowledge of NCAA regulation.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- High ethical standards and ability to relate to the media and other publics.
- Master’s degree required.
- Four years of related experience, or a combination of education and experience.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Information:Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.