Administrative Assistant, Security (temporary) LTE
Classification: Support, Part-time or Full-time
Typical schedule will be Monday – Friday with occasional weekends as assigned by the supervisor. While these hours are typical, they may be subject to change as workload and needs of our customers and work areas change.
This is a limited term position and will end on December 23, 2020, but could end at another date due to the temporary nature of the position
This remote position will work directly with the Director of Security and the Student Services Department. The position is responsible for researching and assessing students who have symptoms, are diagnosed with or at a risk of contracting Covid-19.
- Reaches out and responds to students who have been diagnosed with Covid-19, have been exposed to Covid-19, have experienced a secondary exposure to Covid-19, or are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19.
- When an exposure occurs on Campus, immediately contacts the Director of Security for next steps.
- Determines whether student should be quarantined from campus, following College protocol.
- Communicates with appropriate parties including quarantined individual regarding the quarantine.
- Obtains information from the student, entering the information into a tracking database.
- When appropriate refers student to resources to assist with treating their symptoms/condition.
- Follow-up with individuals who have been quarantined from campus near the end of their quarantine period.
- Protects privacy of all parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years’ post-secondary education appropriate to position responsibilities with at least two years’ related experience. Additional appropriate experience will be considered as an equivalent to two years’ post-secondary education. This position must demonstrate the ability to assume responsibility without direct supervision, exercise initiative and judgment and make decisions within the scope of authority. Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organization skills. Candidates must demonstrate proficiency in oral, written and electronic communication skills, including computer technologies such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with a minimum keyboard speed of 45 wpm.
- Reliable internet connection
6 to 8 hours: Performing repetitive movements, sitting and working indoors
4 to 5 hours: None
1 to 3 hours: Bending, grasping, pulling, pushing, reaching, standing and walking
Less than 1 hour: Balancing, climbing, crawling, driving, kneeling, twisting, working at heights, working in temperature extremes and working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 1-10 repetition(s) per hour
10 to 20 pounds: 1-10 repetition(s) per hour
20-50 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Emergency procedures, ergonomics (office/workplace) and slips, trips and falls.